Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a great day getting drenched hunting bunnies. Got my limit, second day in a row. It was so much fun, the rain wasn't even a big deal.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Congrats there on a job well done

·
Registered
2 Posts
Howdy!

Bootlegger,

My parents-in-law live out at Candlewood Lake. I'm in Michigan. Would love to hook up with you for da bunnies if ya need an extra gun. When does the season close there? I miss hunting over dogs. Been here for a year - moved down from up by Lake Superior where the beagles would bound through the snow 1-2 minutes behind the big white snowshoe hares. Let me know, eh!

statebull

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Congrats!! Sounds like you had a good time. Even if you did get cold.

·
Registered
25 Posts
wabbits

Good shooting bootlegger:) Statebull the season in ohio ends Feb 28. And down here snowshoes are a no no. There is only one county in ohio that has snowshoes and thats Licking county. At least I think>could be wrong. And by the way statebull. Hows the grouse in Michigan?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks

Gunner70,

Thanks for the info. The grouse are pretty darn good in the U.P. - there's some but not big numbers here in the SE section of Michigan. I'm originally from near Erie PA and hunt there too (only 4 1/2 hour drive). Bunnies and grouse are great there.

statebull

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bottom Bouncer-
Friday I was dogless, Sat. my friend went with me and brought his beagle. Of the 8 we shot, the dog only kicked up one of them. I dogged out the other 7 myself. :D

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey lure, I just read this Bunny hunting is fun and as much as I hate to say it, Good exercise! I sometimes hunt with my dog and then there are times I wont depends on what I feel like. I hunt a few public lands around me but would like to try a few other places. Have you ever hunted Delaware for any thing?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts