Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a Sony P41 in a Plano 1425 case with the BigFoot, Trailmaster board. It has,2, aa batteries for externals, a pipe-thru and a reusable desiccant pack. It`s a very fast camera.

In the 2nd picture, you`ll notice it says orange to green on the desiccant pack. There`s a small window under the velcro that let`s you see the beads.When they turn green, they need to be put in an oven to recharge. I have some that go from blue to orange. I marked them this way, so I know if the orange is good or bad.

I haven`t put it out, yet. When I get some pics, I`ll post them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good!
Thanks. Haven`t heard from you in awhile. How many have you built? How`d your season go? I remember seeing some of your pics of a nice, Tennessee buck. Did you get him or see him?

I know there isn`t much interest, on this site, about homebrews. Most aren`t interested in doing a little work for a great camera. As long as they`re getting some pictures, they`re happy. They don`t know or understand what they`re missing. This camera cost me $117. I got the P41, for $40. The only cameras that can beat it are a Reconyx and a Buckeye Cam. I could build 4 or more for the prices they charge. Plus, my pictures are much better.

I haven`t deployed it, yet. It`ll be out soon, though. I`ll post some pics, so, keep a look out.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have been lurking on and off lately.

I have built several P32-P41-P52-S40-S600, and Nikon L11s now.
I ended up selling off 15 from last years builds.

I really like the P41 and P32. I know most like the S600 the best
but the 41 and 32 are work horses, little if any trouble, and perform
great. The last P41 I assembled, with a SSSII board, in field mode will
shot a pic about every 1.5 seconds!

I was able to end up getting one of the deer I had pics of..didnt get the
split G3 buck, but kind of glad...as he still is holding his antlers, as of last week. Thinking he will thicked up a little this year, and hope to stick him :)

How did your season go?

I dont know about you, but I am SOOOOOOOO ready to start
chasing those ole thunderchickens!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I guess you`ve been busy building cams. I agree about the P32s. They just don`t quit. I got my first P32 in 2005 and it`s, still, pumping out pics. No problems at all. I can`t speak about the P41, this is my first.

I have a couple of S40s that are 3 wire hacked. I wonder how long they`ll last since the lens extends every time it`s triggered? I like them. They take great pics, but, with the moving parts, something will go bad. Of course, they`re cheap enough, so, I`d just buy another.

I have 3 cams with the SSII board. 2, S40s and a P32. This P41 came close to getting the SSII, but, I had an HPWA and standoffs for the BF board. So, I decided to use them. This BF board is the Traimaster style. It has a setting that, once triggered, it`ll stay on for 30 seconds waiting for more movement. Just like the trail mode on the SSII.

I`d like to see a pic of your buck, if you don`t mind. You can pm me, if you want. Did you hunt in Ohio?

I had a great deer season, but, a poor bow season. Didn`t see too many deer and only had a couple of shooters on camera. It was a bad year for deer in my area. Having said that, I killed my biggest buck ever, on December 4th of gun season. He`s an 11pt and hasn`t been officially scored, but, I scored him at 169 gross. He was following a doe.

Also, killed my biggest West Virginia buck on opening day of their gun season. It was a warm, rainy day and he was chasing a young doe.

I have cam pics of both bucks.

A friend of mine just bought a Remington 11-87 turkey gun. We were shooting it this past weekend and that got the juices flowing. I`m anxious, now. Our season starts April 23rd.

WV 10pt:

Ohio:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts