Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a super deal for a max of 3 hunters who would like to have there own lease in the heart of "BIG BUCK" territory ,Pike county Ohio_Over 300 acres,3 hunters max,$850 per year each.The buckwhackers have several larger leases in the same area which are almost filled but this new lease is ideal for a small group . check us out at http://buckwhackers.com or call George at (207)210-3940

·
Registered
168 Posts
"The lease will be closed during the week of November 3 thru november 9!! This week is reserved for my camp.Nobody will be permitted on the property that week, NO EXCEPTIONS. You still have 17 weeks that you can hunt every day."

So do I read this correctly, for $850 dollars I do not get to hunt one of the best weeks a year?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I'm sure he's leasing to someone else that week. Certainly, with all the properties they have, they wouldn't want someone else on THEIR ground just before they hunt that week. Reckon, I could be wrong, but probably not.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Might PM Coonskinner,he may be interested:mischeif:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you are serious about leasing call George and make arrangements for a lease that will be available for that week.----If you just enjoy complaining I can't help you and would be better off if you were on another clubs lease!!!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
If you are serious about leasing call George and make arrangements for a lease that will be available for that week.----If you just enjoy complaining I can't help you and would be better off if you were on another clubs lease!!!!
Nobody in there right mind would pay u that money to not be able to hunt that week!!!!

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Nobody in there right mind would pay u that money to not be able to hunt that week!!!!

Yup. This has gotta be a joke. The State of Ohio needs to crack down on you clowns.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Yup. This has gotta be a joke. The State of Ohio needs to crack down on you clowns.

If you dont wanna pay that,then its fine..But why does the state need to set rates or values for private lands?Maybe obama should appoint a "Land rights control" Czar for ya:mischeif:

·
Registered
679 Posts
If you dont wanna pay that,then its fine..But why does the state need to set rates or values for private lands?Maybe obama should appoint a "Land rights control" Czar for ya:mischeif:
I too would like to hear the beliefs/thoughts/opinions pertaining to this question.

·
Registered
679 Posts
ah i doan know bout dat...wc fields used tuh say theres a sucker being born every minute...:D
Or a guy that likes the property, feels that it fits his needs appropriately; and based upon that, decides it is worth the money.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I have a problem with sub leasing properties. These clowns lease the property, and then re lease it to other hunters for more money. If someone wants to lease directly from the owner, fine, but I dont like the sub lease concept. Deer hunting has gotten so commercialized and focused on the dollar, instead of the nature of the woods and the hunt.

I just think its sad that we eat our own just to make a buck.

When your grandfather or father taught you the woods, was this what he had in mind? Its too bad our sport has evolved to this.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
If someone leases it and is happy, fine, more power to them. Its all about being happy I guess....

Just sad that its come to this. Just my opinion.

Guess the state doesnt have any say in the matter, but since people actually buy imto it, we will never see any alternative, because we arent forced to find a better solution. Dont know why Obama was brought up though, OMO, I didnt say anything about the feds.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
I have a problem with sub leasing properties. These clowns lease the property, and then re lease it to other hunters for more money. If someone wants to lease directly from the owner, fine, but I dont like the sub lease concept. Deer hunting has gotten so commercialized and focused on the dollar, instead of the nature of the woods and the hunt.

When your grandfather or father taught you the woods, was this what he had in mind? Its too bad our sport has evolved to this.

They never took the time to teach me anything about the outdoors..You know Im self-taught an took up deer hunting as a way to pass something on to my kids..I almost thought that statement was a jab at me,but I know your better then that...Right:confused:
If someone leases it and is happy, fine, more power to them. Its all about being happy I guess....

Just sad that its come to this. Just my opinion.

Guess the state doesnt have any say in the matter, but since people actually buy imto it, we will never see any alternative, because we arent forced to find a better solution. Dont know why Obama was brought up though, OMO, I didnt say anything about the feds.

Charging outfitters a fee I can see,but telling other what they can or cannot do with there land when pertaining to hunting,is very UN-American......Just my opinion Joe,dont let something like this ruffle your feathers to much bro..

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Please dont think I was making a personal jab, you and I better friends than that. It was a generalized comment, reference to the way it was and how it is now comparison.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I honestly don't have any issue with leasing or subleasing. Reckon it's the law of supply and demand. I really don't have an issue with them not being licensed or "supervised". If you run a nice outfit, you'll probably make some money leasing to folks who, for some reason, wanna lease, but at least be honest in your advertisement/ing.
I could be wrong, but like I said- If this is where you and your buddies are going to hunt the best time to hunt, why in the hell would you wanna risk someone hunting your prime grounds the entire hunting season, excluding that week?
The last thing we need is the state/Feds telling folks what the can and cannot do on/with their own property.

·
Registered
679 Posts

I also have a problem with sub-leasing, but only when the property owner is being taken advantage of (i.e. terms of senior lease is not transparently disclosed). If the property owner is informed, it is their choice. All we need is the government (state or fed) to have even more control over our private property, or free enterprise; albeit legal.

Deer hunting has gotten commercialized. And in all fairness, if that takes all hunting opportunities away from someone that truly needs it to supply food for their family, than that is a bad thing. If it brings people into a sport that is already suffering in participation #'s, then it may be a good thing.

That leads me to the conclusion that both are "our own".

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Please dont think I was making a personal jab, you and I better friends than that. It was a generalized comment, reference to the way it was and how it is now comparison.

:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bushwackers hunting club

Is there anybody that has leased this "bushwackers" leases? His name is George Johns from Maine. I believe he is just leasing old mead timber land and he also has some connection to buckslayers hunting club,he acts like he shot a 172" buck on his lease but its on buckslayers pic gallery.If you google him there is an advertisement for buckwackers on over 20 different sites. On several sites his info conflicts with things he wrote about on other sites,like he has a new 675 ac lease then somwhere else its 760ac and on his website it says 700ac. I have heard that he will only lease it to 7 guys...then 6.....then 8?? Is this guy phony or what? Anybody try leasing his properties before?:tsk:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts