Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evidentley everyone is missing the point on here!!! noone including bucktail needs to be booted off of sites like this. where this whole problem got started is when bucktail came into a bowfishing forum to preach to us his beliefs.i believe everyone has a right to say what they want ( IN THE SOUND OFF AREA)...............but if you are not going to talk about bowfishing from a BOWFISHERS perspective then you should be in the SOUND OFF area of this site!!!i would not go to a catfish forum and start talking about anything other than catfish. there are alot of things quite frankly that i think are stupid. the tops on my list are all forms of gun hunting.ground hog hunting serves what purpose?? dove hunting ....never quite understood the fun in that either. how about trapping ????? last time i checked fur prices were so low what could anyone gain from doing such a savage thing??????how about snagging?????and trot lining???have i ever gun hunted??????? of course i have.i have deer hunted and ground hog hunted and plan on trying dove hunting sometime.i have even trapped a little but i have tryed them and will never knock something ever even if i do not enjoy it as much as the next guy. and yes i know everyone has their own reasons why their sport is the best one that exists.some of these sports people grew up going out with their fathers and grandfathers. on issues like bucktail brought up i will stand my ground on what i said earlier in my post. there is no gray area in the outdoor world you are either a supporter of all outdoor sports across the board or you are in my mind an anti in the making. i love anything to do with the outdoors and love archery hunting of all kinds.as cruel as alot of things are we must keep a couple things in mind. i am going to apologize ahead of time about preaching to anyone but GOD,JESUS THE LORD ALMIGHTY PUT PEOPLE ON EARTH AND THEN HE PUT ANIMALS. in that order we are at the top of the food chain and animals are below us.let us not forget that.i nor does any bowfisher set out to waste anything!and one other thing i want to point out is everyone that is against this keeps telling us we should not be wasting a natural RESOURCE. well incase noone else hasn`t mentioned this.........carp are not a natural RESOURCE! yes i said carp are not a natural RESOURCE. and as far as i am concerned i will never eat them but i do not waste anything. i have been quiet about all of this after my initial outburst but i do have a right to my opinion to and from now on opinions should be kept in this spot!!!!!! THE SOUND OFF SECTION. and i have one other suggestion maybe we could give bucktail his own area to post his anti agenda????? that is not a jab by any means either i am totally serious about that.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have never been in your bow?fishing site, nor do I care to ... but what you have brought into this forum, to me is something that you should have let pass .... I want to respond to a couple of points .. first your statement about carp not being a NATURAL RESOURSE .. that may be the case to the select few that kill them in mass for sport .. but to others they are just as natural as the Saugeye .. Tiger Muskie, Hybird Striped bass, Ohio stocked Trout, Salmond,Steelhead ... to some extent the channel catfish .. it has been stocked into lakes that it wasn't in naturally.. Just because you choose to look down at a species, don't expect everyone else to do the same .. just as you riducule someone for looking down on your sport, you now riducule people for how they feel about the Carp .. I am not the Carps biggest fan, but I respect it for what it is ... Now for the sport of bowfishing ... tell me how you can call it fishing .. Just because you strap a reel a bow ... shoot a fish ... it is called fishing .. I hardly think so... The simple fact is that you are bowhunting plain and simple .. the reel is attached only to crank in your kill .. would it be the same if I strapped a reel to my 30/06.. To me it don't matter if you take these carp or not .. it is a legal activity ... it is an activity that gives you and your fellow sportsmen pleasure and I would not attack it.... You think of the carp one way and I and many anglers on here think of it another way that is all there is to it .... The carp is as much a natural resourse as any other species of animal on this plantet .. whether or not you choose to recongize it or not is up to you .... Then you come here and expect and want to non bowusers to accept you because we share the common thread of people who love the outdoors.. I hate to rain on your parade but You are not a natural resourse unless you are a native american by your own standards ... Bottom line is ... you can't just pick and choose what you feel is a natural resourse ... I know I am beating a dead horse here.... people that take carp with a bow are always going to do it .. that is fine with me . but you can't expect people that take great pleasure in carp fishing ... or just enjoy fishing in general for all species to welcome you open handed .. Bowfishing is legal ... people enjoy it some don't .. Let it be ..
It is not the bowfishing that provoked this reply .. like I said it is your statement about carp not being a natural resourse ... Times have changed since the carps inception into this country, it was once a highly prized fish that is why it was brought here in the first place .... As for bucktail .. I can't comment on that situation... I don't want to get into a debate . just expressing my opinion. People who bowfish, or just fish are all of the same mold, the problem begins when someone fails to have respect for the fish, or show a total disregard for those that do

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bow Fish Boys see if you can comprehend this ! ! !

Thanks MadCatter..... You said alot of the things in your post I have been saying already, they just never got it. I'm not out to get all folks who bowfish or any other faction of the outdoors, when I feel people are abusing the resources thats when I speak up. Those guys took it as a personal attack against all bowfishermen and it was not the case, it was intended for those selected few that I felt were abusing the resource in my beliefs. Some people can't read the plain english that I wrote, if they would go back and look at what I wrote I did not condemn all bowfishermen just the ones I thought were abusing the resource in my beliefs. If I saw were someone wrote that they took a hundred croppie, or more than the limit on any other species whether fish or wildlife or felt that were abusing those resources I would speak up on that also.

You know if someone (meaning Joe Q and Jane Q public) outside this site would have read where they were killing shad by the hundreds, they would have been outraged. I tried to keep it inside the site, to try to get my point across that I thought it was wrong and express maybe what other people also felt about those who saw it in the same light as I. Some folks you can't get thru to on any issue, and it's obvious that anytime you show a negative about what someone might be doing they automatically take offense whether it's legal or not. I see most of these ******** don't have a brain, in which they can look at another perspective other than their own. I'm not against any part of the outdoors, I'm against people out there who abuse the outdoors, and I will say it again just because something is legal does not make that something morally right. If this site wants to ban me theres not much I can do about it thats their choice, but it's a shame when you can't bring a thing you believe in to light when everyone else can with their views, I'm automatically the bad guy because I speak against something in at the same time there is alot of things I'm for.. I see where these folks can blast me without repercussion, it's no big deal for me to get blasted it comes with the territory when you touch on touchy subjects. But now I can't even read any posts in the bow fishing forum and to me thats SENSORSHIP, if I got something to say about any part of fish or wildlife I'll take it to the sound off forum but to ban someone from not being able to read anything it's SENSORSHIP. Ban me from posting in the bowfishing forum, I don't have a problem with that. But if you won't allow me to even read whats going on there well, thats a definate wrong on the owners, administration and moderators, I guess if you own a site you can select who can say what and when they can say it and who they can say it to.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Bucktail, when are you going to give this up. We understand your upset and want to be heard. When we have a get together, why don't you come out and we all can express our opinions and talk about this when everyone is together. We can even get some ODNR people out there too.:)

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Bucktail has not been booted. He has lost rights to post in the Bowfishing forum, and off-topic posts on this will be deleted. I see no reason to leave someone on that forum who has nothing good to say about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.