close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Buckmasters or Boon & Crockett Scoring???

Discussion in 'Ohio Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Mr.BucksTWP, Sep 7, 2012.

1. The controversy over the Johnny King buck is ridiculous. This is why I only score my deer through Buckmaster's scoring system..the Boone and Crockett system was built for guys who manage 10,000 acre farms in Texas that fly around in their helicopters keeping their herd in check...there is a small percentage of people in the U.S. that can control whether the bucks in their area will be a 5x5 or a 6x6...If you kill a trophy..there shouldn't be a scoring system to deduct the bone on it's head...Buckmasters is doing it the right way!!

...what do you all think????

King Buck Panel Scoring
    September 6, 2012 – Missoula, MT – With the requested additional information and materials having been provided to the Boone and Crockett Club’s Records Department the decision was made on August 20th to convene a judge’s panel to score Johnny King’s whitetail deer taken in Wisconsin in 2006.

Two teams of two B&C official measurers will independently measure the deer and then collaborate on their findings to determine the deer’s final score before the end of September.

The Club’s Records Chairman, Eldon Buckner will select four experienced judges, with no more than two judges being members of the Club’s Records Committee. All panel members selected will be senior official measurers with no prior personal experience with this particular trophy.

The Boone and Crockett Club’s Board of Directors has not instructed the judge’s panel to score the King Buck as a typical or a non-typical. It is the responsibility of the panel to independently determine the correct way to score a particular trophy using the Club’s scoring system.

The panel’s findings will be the deer’s final score.

The Boone and Crockett Club will not comment prior to the panel and will issue a formal statement once the panel has convened and made its determination in accordance with the Club’s standard practices.

2. I did not hear about this buck, so I googled it. Here it is:

[​IMG]

3. You score what it grows. You don't fit them into two category's. Typical or non. My deer are always gross score. Net is for book nerds

4. Schu72

Schu72 Staff Member Super Mod Mod

It's a screwed up situation from many angles. If you haven't read about it, find some time and read a few articles.

5. Boone and crooket is like the bcs in football. Complete waste. Screws so many people out of a chance

6. There have been a few bucks like this look at the Zaft buck or the Kraig Sullivan buck. It is ridicules the way they score some of these bucks.

7. One of the guys I hunt with killed a big buck years back took it to OHIO BIG BUCKS official scorer he said it didnt make it. The scorer showed him the one he killed himself he said made it.You could set it inside my buddies rack and his wouldnt make it. The scoring system is a bunch of bull s%#t.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  9. mrex

mrex Staff Member Super Mod Mod Premium Member

The Buckmaster Full Credit System is more fair to the animal. However, the Boone & Crocket Standard was, is and shall be the way they are judged.

11. Deehntr56

Deehntr56 Staff Member Mod

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
  12. Scoring means nothing to me matter of fact my first archery buck is my favorite trophy never forget the look on pops face!

13. Why doesnt the Buckmasters world record get as much noteriaty

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine