Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
I think they are still working on it but not for sure,You are right have not heard much about it lately but with the snow and frozen water not much has been said though.I think desperado should know something though

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I'm looking as we speak for a place to hold a meeting to try to start a bowfishing club. The tournament will be held this year just don't know anything as of yet. I sure could use some help. If any one is serious about helping me out, please e-mail me and we can get going.

I just found out that my friend Jake and I are going to the the Stae Reps. for the Bowfishing Assn. of America. Isn't that great!!! ;)

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Kepp us posted on this one i will be there this year,we are ready

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
What is the Buckeye Classic?

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
It a carp tournament that runs night and day,Lastyear was the 15 fish rule.i think it was out of columbus last year.Big money will be shooting in it this year

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
Ah, I see. Never heard of it before.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
No you don't need a partner , but it is nice to have one.;)

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Partners make it better that way your not the only one laughing when you miss that big pig..All ready have a partner

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Which month are we looking at this year??

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
What month do you guys want to have it in? Also nobody has e-mailed me about helping out. Why?? Everyone here seems to want a club, but guys we need to step up and get this going. I'm I wasting my breath with this? I'm going to try to have a meeting some where in Col. to see the interest of having a club and talk about the up coming tournament and see what wants to be done and what needs to be done. I'm going to make up some flyers and see what happens.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Ok, I'm still working on the club. But let's start on a tournament . Ideas? Where? When? 10/5 fish set up? 10/10 fish set up? How much? Sactioned or not? Keep it in Ohio? Maybe just shoot in a few lakes? Maybe split the state up? What do you guys think?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let me see........

I liked the state-wide format. I would have liked to see it happen a little earlier, maybe late May/early June. This way the guys that don't have lights could still get in on some spawn action.

I liked the big 15 format. Maybe a big 20 this time? 15/5 split?

And maybe make it a tad longer-if possible. Check in Friday afternoon, then back in Sunday afternoon?

$50.00 per team- $10 per team to get in the big fish pot.

That's my two cents.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Not sure about making it longer...I barely survived the last one.
Earlier would be good for bigger fish, but I'm not sure my schedule would allow Jess and I too shoot in it....Format...I like the 10/5 or 15/5.....I really don't care if the format is statewide or wherever you want to go...If guys want to drive out of state and sacrifice shooting time then let'em.....

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
It all sounds good to me just let me know when and were.Dont really care what the limit is as long as there are fish to shoot.Hay desperado if this thing is held in your area can we float behind you dont feel like traveling to far.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I don't think I will travel to far myself this year. I'm still looking for a partner. Last year my partner bailed the day before the tournament. If I do travel I might go to Erie, but just might stay close.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
How many guys to a team

Hay desperado i might know a guy that needs a partner or if you want to you can join our group if you like.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
hey guys...thought Id give ya'll some heads up...Talked to Mark this morning and its lookin like the tournys gonna be June 14th and 15th.....there are still some things to firm up but sign in will be about 7 or 8 am sat. and weigh in will be 2pm or 3pm sun. Does this work for everyone? its the same weekend as the worlds but I don't think we'll lose many teams ? Its gonna be a big fish format...either a 15/5 or 10/10...I'd kinda like to see it a 15/5 but whatever works...
Later

1 - 20 of 22 Posts