Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think they will take Trent Richardson at #4?

With 13 picks this year, and 3 in the top 37, you would think they can do fairly well, but I am wondering if they will trade down:rolleyes:, or mess this draft up as well.

·
Registered
61 Posts
well we as browns fans know the draft will be interesting but for the good or bad i dont think the front office even knows. I hope they go with trent as the number four pick seems like he has what it takes to be successful at the next level.

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
I figure they will screw this up somehow. I hope they get TRich at #4 and stay away from the QBs in the first 3 rounds.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
They should take T Rich if he's there. If someone trades up to 3 to get him, take blackmon or Claiborne

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They should take T Rich if he's there. If someone trades up to 3 to get him, take blackmon or Claiborne
Agree-

Now the question comes up on whether they go after a WR(Blackmon) which is really needed or more defensive help(Claiborne).

Defense wins championships-but Cleveland needs a lot of help, and lets keep in mind- The LSU Tigers have a knack for producing NFL talent, and lately, they've been farming great defensive backs.

The Tigers have 43 players at the NFL level right now. Of those 43, nine of them came from the Tigers secondary.

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't know- today I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling that they will pick Richardson at #4.

Walter Payton was drafted No. 4 overall in the 1975 draft by the Chicago Bears and was known as one of the most prolific running backs of all time and led the Bears to a Super Bowl championship in 1985. He also won two MVP awards. Will Richardson be as productive?-only time will tell, but I f I had to pick at #4 today, it would be between Richardson or Claiborne. With the need we have on the offense, I would lean Richardson as of right now.

I'm just not confident they will make good choices today.:rant:

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
If they don't take TR at #4 pick, they are nuts!

But something tells me they are going to trade #4 for additional picks at the last minute :whistle: which will be a mistake imo...:thumbs_down:

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
If they don't take TR at #4 pick, they are nuts!

But something tells me they are going to trade #4 for additional picks at the last minute :whistle: which will be a mistake imo...:thumbs_down:
If they trade down lower than #6 I'll have steam coming out of my ears. I'm just worried that somehow a Minnesota trade or potential trade will get them reeling and they'll make a bad decision. Heckert stating "it would be hard to screw up the #4 pick" may come back to bite him.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
They need to keep the #4 pick. They would get either Richardson, Blackman, or Clayborn. Any one of these 3 can make an impact on this roster. They need to focus on offense first, imo, but shouldnt waste a top pick.:tsk:

If they do puke, and trade down for whatever and get whatever, JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR CLEVELAND, WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER TOP PICK TO THROW AWAY AGAIN.:whistle:

Damn, I'm really worried.:confused:

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
If they do puke, and trade down for whatever and get whatever, JUST WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR CLEVELAND, WE WILL HAVE ANOTHER TOP PICK TO THROW AWAY AGAIN.:whistle:
No, if they do trade down they could acquire another #1 for next year to use as trade bait for USC QB Matt Barkley in case McCoy ends up being a flop this year. It would be an insurance policy for the future.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I'm still going with my original pick back in January- Browns pick Blackmon. However, I would love to see Richardson in brown and orange! ;)

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh my god...the Browns actually made an aggressive move-:idea:

The Cleveland Browns have traded with the Minnesota Vikings to acquire the No. 3 overall pick of the 2012 NFL Draft.

Sources say the Browns, who held the fourth overall pick, are targeting running back Trent Richardson. Cleveland was worried the Tampa Bay Buccaneers would try and engineer a deal with the Vikings to snag the former Alabama star.

In the addition to handing Minnesota their fourth pick, the Browns also added their picks in the fourth, fifth and seventh rounds.

It's likely that the Vikings are still in the market to trade back and acquire additional picks.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I hope they draft somebody/anybody that can turn them into a good team. I'm tired of wearing this bag over my head!!!

Looks like they have made some good picks so far. Keep your fingers crossed!

RGJZ06

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, Trent Richardson is a member of the Browns and Brandon Wheeden, the quarterback from Oklahoma State was picked at #22.

Being 28 years old and picked at #22 in the 1st round, he’s not going to be sitting on the bench. Rumors are swirling and look for Colt McCoy to be traded as soon as today or tomorrow.

Hopefully they have a plan for the second round in landing some wide receivers for this team!:idea:

Bruce Irvin from West Virginia to Seattle at #15?:confused:

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think the Vikings pulled a fast one on the Browns.

No qb will survive in Cleveland with no receiving talent.
You saying they were "bluffed" into thinking Tampa Bay would trade up and take richardson for the three picks?:shhh::biggrin:

·
22,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rumors confirmed-

CLEVELAND -- The Browns are talking to Green Bay about trading quarterback Colt McCoy to the Packers, a source told the Packer Report. The Eagles have also inquired about acquiring McCoy, according to Jason LaCanfora.

The Browns drafted quarterback Brandon Weeden with the No. 22 overall pick and said "he's the guy.''

The Packers have a sixth-round pick and four seventh-rounders that they can use to land McCoy. A player could also be involved. They need a backup to Aaron Rodgers after losing Matt Flynn to Seattle in free agency. The Eagles and Browns have traded several times in the past two seasons.

McCoy has not asked for a trade, according to LaCanfora, and is willing to come in and compete with Weeden. The Browns are initiating the talks.

"(A trade is)something we'll talk about tonight and tomorrow," Browns general manager Tom Heckert said on Thursday night.

Browns coach Pat Shurmur and Heckert both acknowledged Thursday night that they drafted Weeden to be their starter and that they felt they upgraded the position. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, McCoy had been told that the Browns weren't going to draft a quarterback in the first round.

He believed what they had been telling him all offseason, that they were moving forward with him as their starter.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/04/reports_browns_talking_with_pa.html

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Poor Colt, "It's a business decision." therefore, it must be ok.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts