Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to a Buyer in Tn who has minority ownership in the Steeler franchise....rumors and reports are pretty heavy today, and the negotiations are currently ongoing....

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
to a Buyer in Tn who has minority ownership in the Steeler franchise....rumors and reports are pretty heavy today, and the negotiations are currently ongoing....
WOW, if I had the money I'd jump on that team. :thumbs_up:

RGJZ06

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Watch out Browns fans your team might be leaving again....:mischeif::evilsmile::whistle:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Watch out Browns fans your team might be leaving again....:mischeif::evilsmile::whistle:
Nah, everything will be alright in Brown's Town. Might even start being a competitive team before too long. Most Browns fans have wanted Randy to sell the team for quite a while.

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Think about it for a minute-why sell?

Well do you think Lerners "money man" put a bug in his ear that capital gains tax will double in 2013:mischeif: He could pocket about 75 million more by selling now.:whistle:

Plus- Haslim can move them to Puerto Rico and it wouldn't break my heart!:p:D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Think about it for a minute-why sell?

Well do you think Lerners "money man" put a bug in his ear that capital gains tax will double in 2013:mischeif: He could pocket about 75 million more by selling now.
That may be the idea. He did take a $130 million bath the past couple years from Aston Villa. He said a long time ago that he would sell the team if he felt he wasn't getting the job done. His heart is in Birmingham England.

·
Registered
372 Posts
The PD has a lot of articles about it today. The Browns are not leaving Cleveland, so you guys can stop trying to stir the pot on us lowly Browns fans!:biggrin:

Are you guys the same people who beat up old ladies with walkers? Easy to pick on a Browns fan.:chicken::p

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The PD has a lot of articles about it today. The Browns are not leaving Cleveland, so you guys can stop trying to stir the pot on us lowly Browns fans!:biggrin:

Are you guys the same people who beat up old ladies with walkers? Easy to pick on a Browns fan.:chicken::p
I read some of them-I "was" a sixteen year season ticket holder- Until they get it together(which I have my doubts) they can go to Puerto Rico!:p

They have a 30 year agreement with the city on the stadium-their not going anywhere, anyway!:(;):biggrin:

·
Registered
372 Posts
56- you still love 'em admit it! You've been watching them for longer than me, and I'm no spring chicken.

It's in the water we have to drink. No one chooses anymore to be a Brown, you're born that way!:mischeif:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
That may be the idea. He did take a $130 million bath the past couple years from Aston Villa. He said a long time ago that he would sell the team if he felt he wasn't getting the job done. His heart is in Birmingham England.
If that's the case, I'm glad he's selling. But I just can't help thinking that his timing is impecable...:rolleyes:
It sounds like Haslim is a big sports fan with the $ to get what he wants. If he can make them competitive, then so be it. From what I heard on WTAM, Randy did his best in trying to fill his dad's shoes, but just couldn't get it done. Bad luck? Maybe. Bad decisions. Probably. But if his heart's not there, then he's probably done the right thing. Let someone else try.

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
56- you still love 'em admit it! You've been watching them for longer than me, and I'm no spring chicken.

It's in the water we have to drink. No one chooses anymore to be a Brown, you're born that way!:mischeif:
Love is just about gone- my interest level has diminished- maybe it will come back- but I followed them from the 70's on when I was a young teenager. The 70's and 80's were the best years, unfortunately the "move" in the mid 90's took away the luster.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Sounds like Haslam's the real deal. Let's hope he can follow through on his intentions. He has to begin with the right people in the front office.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Love is just about gone- my interest level has diminished- maybe it will come back- but I followed them from the 70's on when I was a young teenager. The 70's and 80's were the best years, unfortunately the "move" in the mid 90's took away the luster.
Was that Art M. that moved them? I have heard speaking that name in Cleveland is a capital sin.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
372 Posts
Was that Art M. that moved them? I have heard speaking that name in Cleveland is a capital sin.

Not a sin, but brings out the worst in us.:rant:

So far I like this Jimmy Haslam though. Seems like he cares, and is gonna be a no nonsense kind of owner.:thumbs_up:

They named Weeden the starter today. I'm kinda bummed for Colt, but I like the rookie so far. We'll see how he holds up to a James Harrison blitz, then we'll know!

·
Registered
1,935 Posts

Art is right up there with John Elway and MJ. Oh yeah, and LBJ. :thumbs_down:

Go Browns!

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Art is right up there with John Elway and MJ. Oh yeah, and LBJ. :thumbs_down:

Go Browns!
you mean LeBoob-:biggrin:

·
22,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19