Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
this may sound like a weird question but....
i was trying to find some broadheads for some crossbow bolts i had and when i took them to the place to get some new broadheads, they said that i had arrow broadheads on the bolts and that i should use crossbow broad heads.
my question i guess is, is there any problems using these arrow broadheads on the bolts? they are 125 grain broadheads and they stated that the replacement for the broadhead i use would be a 175 grain broadhead.
will i run into any problem using the 125 grain broadheads?
thanks

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
That's the craziest thing I ever heard Ull be just fine with a regular bhead

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hi,
this may sound like a weird question but....
i was trying to find some broadheads for some crossbow bolts i had and when i took them to the place to get some new broadheads, they said that i had arrow broadheads on the bolts and that i should use crossbow broad heads.
my question i guess is, is there any problems using these arrow broadheads on the bolts? they are 125 grain broadheads and they stated that the replacement for the broadhead i use would be a 175 grain broadhead.
will i run into any problem using the 125 grain broadheads?
thanks
It could be a safety issue Turkey buster..I dont wanna recommend a guy shoot to light of a combo and damage his rig or themselves through repeated shooting...Maybe that is why the shop sad a heavier tip
The main thing is to make sure your total arrow(lets call them arrows:)) weight(head,bolt an all components)is at or above the manufacturer of your crossbows guidelines for your make/model ....A 125 will work with some bolts better then others...If is dependent on what your need/want your FOC(front of center)percentage to be..Insert weight or lack of will be factor in what head weight may be needed.They in weight from 20-ish grains up to 100+..

It a good possibility a arrow with a 110grain insert or real heavy insert will work well with a 100 grain or 125..Now take a arrow with a 25 or 43 grain insert.A 150 or 175 grain might be better For either/or/and FOC or to meet the FOC and minimum arrow weight needed....What crossbow and arrow model an length do you have?Do you normal 5inch vane??...I am primarily a compound shooter..But I enjoy anything that shoots the pointy sticks we call bolts an arrows

·
Registered
717 Posts
I shoot 100 grain NAP Spitfire and Spitfire MAXX broadheads with Gold Tip Laser II carbon bolts in my Parker Tornado. Works quite well with no issues... :D

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
I would call the bow maker and ask them.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have been shooting crossbows for years. I have always used 125g broad heads. Now broad head makes sees that more and more hunters are using crossbows so they are pushing " crossbow broad head ". It's all marketing. If you use three blade broad heads try your best to line them up with the vains . The over all grains of your bolts ( that's broad head , shaft, nock, and vain ) is the most important part.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I've been been hunting with a xbow for the last ten years and all I ever did was get Horton bolts for my Horton and I've shot tekan, grim reaper, and cheapo just never had a problem all where 100gr.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts