close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Broad head help

Discussion in 'Ohio Traditional Archery' started by Teamhoyt, Sep 18, 2012.

1. I have the new rage three blade broad head they are 100 grain anyone checked em out?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Nope, I shoot the two blades.

Black Dog Bowfishing Pro Staff

3. How do they work for you?

4. I switched to them late season last year, because after a couple does and a mishap on a buck, I wasnt confident in the heads I was previously shooting. I killed deer, but couldnt find the confidence I needed.

I snuck up on a bedded doe, from behind. When I shot her, the Rage entered just behind the top of her shoulder and exited on her opposite side, between a couple of ribs, but it hit the dirt so the arrow didnt make a complete pass thru. That did not matter in the least bit. She jumped up, went 15 yards, and that was that. She dropped dead. The blood trail, as if I needed it...lol, was a literally, solid red line right to her. It was incredible.

Needless to say, I him hawed a bit this year, because I do like the reliability of fixed blades, and the little o-ring system on the Rages makes you have to be a little more careful, but in the end, Rages are in my quiver this year. Shot placement is always superior to broadhead choice, but coming in at a close second is broadhead performance. I think Rages are a very close first in that department.

Ask Kaiser, I think if you see what he has put down with Rages, youll be at ease. He is an absolute fan and for good reason.

5. Are you planning on shooting them out of a trad bow? Because thats the section you posted in...

6. Oooooohhhhh.....that totally changes the game. I didnt even notice the section its in.

7. yeah idk about traditional but I used the 3 blade in my compound and ended up switching to the 2 blade..I thought it just seemed like to much going on inside the 3 blade..I shot one doe with the 3 blade and I thought the blood trail was alot lesser than the 2 blade blood trail...all in all tho I am sticking with rage....just my 2cents..

8. Stick with the two blade, because if you get caught on a strong quartering shot your penetration energy is higher
    Aim small miss small