Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Brittany

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  longhaulpointer 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a good Brittany breeder?

#4 ·
I know this thread has some age, but if you have not picked up a dog yet, there is a breeder here in NC that has some jam up brittanys for around $250.00. I know it sounds cheap but this is an older fellow that I have dealt with in the past. I bought an older pup off of him for $200 b/c no one liked his color. He wound up being the "once in a life time dog."

I am unfortunately, looking at buying another pup off of him, b/c my last bird dog was hit by a car several months ago. He currently has a litter that is just several weeks old. I know it may be too late and it is a drive, but if you are interested, shoot me a PM and I will send the information to you.

#5 ·
Still Interested in a Brittany?

I too know this post has some age on it. I have been involved with Brittany's since 1988. I have had some superior dogs over the years, and have kept that blood line, which includes Nolan's Last Bullet. If you are still interested in a pup, I can get you in contact with the right people.

#6 ·
Find your local navhda chapter go to one of there training days and ask around there people are very knowledgeable and will point you in the right direction you know your getting a proven hunting dog plus they can teach you and your dog the proper ways of dog training

#7 ·
forget those brush pigs, get you a pointer and even if you get an average one, it will hunt circles around the best breed brits. Bonus, won't have to spend hours pulling burs out of that nappy hair either:cool:

#8 ·
Anybody know where to get a German shorthair I wanna get one to start hunting grouse, I had a buddy that had. A great dog but we since then grew apart

-Rutt'in Hard-

#9 ·
forget those brush pigs, get you a pointer and even if you get an average one, it will hunt circles around the best breed brits. Bonus, won't have to spend hours pulling burs out of that nappy hair either:cool:
I love my Brit and would love to see any pup his age try to hunt circles around him. And he points quite well

#10 ·
i'm just trying to stir the pot, i started over brits. Never met a bird dog i didn't like. except for gsp's.... hate them;). Thought i get more, usually britt owners are more sensitive.:D

#12 ·
rem, i do all the time to my dad who's setter is 70lbs when it should be only 45lbs. I still would of traded my 2 pups for that fat bastard last week in mi grouse woods though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.