Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here fish the lake. My parents went there to jog last weekend. Took my fly pole and caught some bluegill from the bank right down from the boat ramp. Did some research and saw that walleye numbers looked good. Just got back from a Canada fishing trip and fell in love with walleye. Would like to get some for a fish fry. What's the best way to catch them? I have an OldTown Loon 111 kayak. Is that big enough for out there? Thanks!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
deadsquirrle,
Welcome to Ohio Sportsman forums! :Welcome:

That kayak will do fine, on Bresler Reservoir. I used to fish it all the time in an Old Town Vapor. My current kayak is a Future Beach Trophy 144 and it has become a great fishing machine. You will have to keep an eye to the sky, for sudden storms, when you're on a piece of water that big. The wind and waves are not kind to kayaks or canoes. :cheeky-smiley-022:

If you're coming back from Canada and have been catching walleye up there...be prepared, very prepared of a huge disappointment. :coco: Bresler does NOT have the size or quantity of walleye of Lake Erie, let alone Canada.

I've only fished Findlay Reservoir #2, one time and there seems to be a better stock of walleyes there. Especially, after reading some of the fishing reports on Ohio Game Fishing's community website.

Bowhunter57

1 - 2 of 2 Posts