Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to come and Bowhunt this fall but have no connections at all. Is there a good "reputable" Outfitter or is there such a thing?

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
outfitters are ok if youre into baiting and plots and 4 wheelers...but if you dont mind not having that...theres not much reason to pay to hunt in ohio...theres great hunting on public lands...anythang in the lower half of the state...stay with the larger areas...theres much that never sees a bowhunter during archery season...during gun if you go out over the first hill youll see very few hunters...the deer are there but its big place and you must really hunt to find them but if you do that,you will find them...during archery season its very possible to score on a p$y sized buck...its much tougher during gun for a big boy but some get lucky...you can save a lot of money hunting on public and still get a big boy...a lot are doing it...good luck...:biggrin:

·
Registered
467 Posts
I want to come and Bowhunt this fall but have no connections at all. Is there a good "reputable" Outfitter or is there such a thing?
Yes. Wolf Creek Outfitters or Joel Snow Outfitters should give you what you pay for.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
The state of Ohio does not have any regulations or licensing of outfitters.

I assume there are some honest ones but dont know any to recommend.

Obviously, you want someone who owns the property you will be hunting and if your a true sportsman, you don't want some high fence surrounding you, hunting deer pumped full of steroids and drugs. No do you want some outfitter dropping you off in a public hunting area after charging you $500 a day. or telling you its ok to trespass without written permission.

Lots of people see $$$$$ when it comes to deer hunting in Ohio. I hope you don't hire the wrong one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bowhunt southeast Ohio

I am actually very experienced and would prefer to scout, hang and hunt from my own stands but since I have never been to Ohio before I thought an Outfitter might be a good choice. I don't want to make the record book, just have fun and deer hunt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts