Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking into new bows if not this year than next year for sure. I am on a budget, and am and considering my options of buying a new bow in 300-400 dollar range. Or maybe a used bow that when it came out was closer to 600+ range but could find it for cheaper due to its age.
I currently shoot a Martin cheetah , i believe i got for $350 with sights, whisker biscut, and quiver its 5 years old.
Thanks,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Used bows can be a great way to get a more expensive bow without paying the new bow price. I've bought several over the years and had very good luck with them. Just be sure to check it over thoroughly for any problems. Good luck in your purchase, new or used.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Used bows can be a great way to get a more expensive bow without paying the new bow price. I've bought several over the years and had very good luck with them. Just be sure to check it over thoroughly for any problems. Good luck in your purchase, new or used.
:yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat::yeahthat:

I to have had GREAT luck buying used.. Just take your time when buying. You don't have buy the first one you see...I bought a Redhead Toxic for $400 with case 9 arrow's 4 Muzzy's sites capture rest and stab.. shot it for a year sold it for $300 (I shouldn't have) Then bought a Bow Tech Destroyer 340 2011 with a Capure rest stab and TR alpha 5 pin sight for $550 it had less than 100 shot's on it... So yes you can get good deals you just have to look around.... ArcheryTalk classified.. or here sometimes...

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
So what's wrong with the bow you have now :confused:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
There is a 2009 NEW Diamond Rock 50-60lb with rest stab and site. for $300 on archerytalk.. I thought that was a good deal..

·
Registered
99 Posts
God I hate to agree with most everyone else but Archerytalk has provided me with my last 2 bows. A few things to do while there, DON'T believe anything on that site !!! I used to go there everyday, way to much BS for me on AT.
Be patient !!! Don't buy the first bow you see listed. Know what you want and then check the classifieds everyday until you find what you want. Both bows I purchased looked brand new. There are a lot of guys with way to much money out there that buy 3-4 bows every year when the latest greatest are released and then keep the one they like and sell the rest at a very reasonable price. I saved 2-300.00 on both bows I bought.
Check any sellers to see if they have a feedback rating on ArcheryTalk or even an e-bay feedback. Also I would only buy from someone that has been a member there for at least a year if they don't have a rating. Do not pay anybody with a Money Order !!! I only deal with people with a Pay-Pal account. Protect yourself from SCAMMERS.
If craigslist is more your style try searchtempest for craigslist, it searchs every craigslist add within the mileage you are looking for.
http://www.searchtempest.com/result...hType=&keytype=adv&minAsk=&maxAsk=&subcat=sss

Good Luck Dave

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've bought my last two bows off of AT. There are good deals there from time to time, like mentioned above, be patient and don't buy the first bow you see... Find something that fits you, I bought a bow off there because of the price, it was way too much bow for me.

Also, don't be scared to go back through a lot of pages in the classifieds. People bump their posts daily if not hourly, many good bows get pushed back a few pages because the member doesn't bump the thread daily.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts