Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not wanting to invest in another bowmount motor i decided to add a bracket to the square bow,to take my tiller motor.thanks to my buddy the toad,the bracket is done and it will work great.it's a cheap,easy way to make the conversion,and very sturdy.now by adding a remote intermittant switch,i can control it from the back of the boat when i need to.it sure is nice to have good friends to help you out when you're laid up and can't do for yourself:cool: he did a great job on it.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
good looking mount.i like running my boat from the stern.the minn kota i bought has an 18' cord on it so it makes it easy to do.makes my daughter happy too,she like sitting in the high seat up front!!!!!!
the only bad part about those pics is the snow and tarp!:D

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard ya on the snow.:mad: since i seem o be stuck in the house for awhile,trying to get well,it should be melted by the time i'm able to get out.this infection put a dampr on my cold weather fishin,but i'd still like to hook up sometime later.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I think we talked about this and I understand the intermittant switch but how you going to steer it from way in the back? :confused:

·
Registered
586 Posts
you steer from the front but i can stop and go when i want:D :p ;) really,i can steer it using the outboard for a rudder.:cool:

once i can get the rodholders mounted,battery relocated and rewiring done,it should be about time for us to give it the test:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Thats just like a bracket I made for my boat , so I can keep the same trolling motor and use it on either end of the boat.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i put one on my old boat a few years ago,before i got a bowmount motor.only i had to be in the bowto operate it.with the remote switch,i can now control it from the transom.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Gee if I steer it from the front I could put us on the fish for a change. :D Now we have to find a switch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Transom Mounts into Bow Mounts

I took my Minn Kota transom mount and converted it into a bow mount by taking the screw out of the head on underneath side and rotating it 180 degrees and re-installing screw. Works great...... Then if you want to add a foot pedal switch go to Wally World and get a Big Foot, it's easy to install and real cost efficient at around $12.00.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bucktail

i rotated the head for use on my old boat,then turned it back for hanging on the transom.the way their set up makes it real quick and easy to reverse them,for switching from bow to transom.i do plan to get a remote switch so i can run it from the rear of the boat.

fred,it would be a change if YOU could put us on the fish:rolleyes: :D ;) as for the switch,like bucktail said,they have them at at walmart.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts