Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks....this is my first year of hunting with a compound bow. I didn't grow up hunting or in a hunting family so I use this site alot for advice.

My question is about bow hangers. What does everyone use? Are the ones for $10 worth it? I have 5 ladder stands set up and was just wondering if I need to spend a extra $50 or can I use something cheaper? Like a screw in ladder tree step($10 bucks for 5 vs $50 for 5) The fancy ones for $10 bucks are nice because they extend out, swival and have a hook to hang other stuff. Just currious what everyone else is using.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I use an e-z hanger. Any type of tree step type hanger with be fine. Make sure it's coated for sound reasons and scratching ur equipment.

·
Super Moderator
3,037 Posts
The less movement you have to make in the tree the better your chances of not being seen. You don't want to have to be moving around a bunch to get your bow off a hanger. For that reason, I prefer a type of hanger the keeps to bow in front of you rather than behind you.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ez hanger or third hand archery bow holder depending on the stand I am in

KOKEMO

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Also use the easy hanger. Love having my bow within easy reach. I also use a screw in step to hang my pack on.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
47 Posts
+1 on the easy hanger. Much easier and less movement having the bow hanging in front of your shoulder and waiting. Spend the extra $. I just leave mine hanging on my favorite stands

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Ez hanger or third hand archery bow holder depending on the stand I am in

KOKEMO
I will second that...Im only using LW hang ons now,so It may be EZ hangers for me only..But all the Third hand archer stuff is great.I was never disappointed with the stuff I got from him

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
i use the cheap screw in holder hooks . theyr are like a dollar or two i put it behind me on my left side about eye level while standing. thats what works for me and have used it for 5 years now

1 - 9 of 9 Posts