Votes: 1 12.5%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hay whit , i think he enjoys starting stuff , this is the reason why i think we should have a moderator strickly for bow fishing to keep guys like him from comming over here and get sh-- started

·
Registered
120 Posts
SPLIT TAIL .....You dont know me from a hole in the ground.Yet you ASSUME(Notice the first three letters)that when I go bowfishing I shoot hundredes of fish everytime out..This just goes to show how little you actually know about this type of fishing..And if you want to compare me to any one ....Stalin would be a better choice..He murded 70 million of his own people..

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
buck tail why do you feel like you have to come over here and start stuff why dont you mind your owne business, do you need some attention or something , or all alone , well ill be your friend if you need one , remimber god loves you brother

·
Registered
87 Posts
Come on now bucktail -- I'm not a bowfisherman and I made the poll :D Don't be accusing me of being a carp killer as well :mad: Honestly though, I've got nothing wrong with Desperado being the moderator -- I've met him before and know he's a good guy. Not to say I couldn't do the job or be completely fair and unbiased about it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you don't get this your dumber than I thought !

I'm not condemning all bow fisherman and all I did was use a quote that Ohio Guy posted that I thought was unethical, I just want to make the general public aware of some of the wrongful things in mine and others eyes that we think some people in your sport are doing. To you you think killing by the hundreds is ethical, to us we don't agree with those practices. With every pro there is a con, it's just depends on how and what you believe, whether it's a pro or a con. I'm a sportsman and I don't agree with your way of thinking, even if it is legal don't make it right depending on your way of thinking. Man you guys just can't get it, I don't care if you don't respond to my posts or not. I'm gonna say what I think whenever I want if you like it or not on any topic I choose. :D

And I will comment on any part of hunting, fishing, trapping or any other sports connected to the outdoors, that I don't agree with.

·
Registered
586 Posts
guys

i've been following this and a couple other threads for the past couple days,andi gotta say it's been real.i don't post alot because i usually don't have much to say,as the boards are pretty slow right now.i don't bowfish,but have in the past.i believe in,to each his own.this is a forum for bowfishermen to gather and exchange info and stories,etc. it's not the "sound off" forum,in which i have also seen this debate.i like to read the posts here as well as the other forums,but i don't really care much for most of what i've been reading lately.the namecalling and insults on both sides,are uncalled for,and if i were moderating it they would have been stopped by now.i try to be as unbiased and diplomatic as possible about things,but i do have to say one thing that may not sound like it.a couple of you bowfishers are as guilty of the mudslinging as the others,but you were provoked by them to start with.i haven't seen any of you do this without provocation.i have however,( this is aimed at bucktail,and may seem biased to some,but it's true)seen you,stir things before,and you've been booted off one site that i know of,for doing it.
as for the poll,i think this forum does need a different moderator,whoever that may be.chosen by members or steve,makes no matter,as long as it's someone who will try to be fair and stop some of this nonsense.

ps....this may not even be worth 2 cents to some,but it's MY 2 cents

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am going to be as civil about this as I can. I am not from Ohio although I enjoy hunting there. I have came to this forum from another Bowfishing forum to voice my opinion(as we have the right to do being Americans).

I think Mr. Bucktail that you are missing the big picture by behaving the way you have on here. Do you not understand that this is the exact thing that the Anti's foam at the mouth about? Sportsmen wasting time fighting amongst themselves! What could you possibly expect to accomplish by creating all of this havoc. So you do not agree with bowfishing? It is a 100% legal enterprise that grows bigger everyday. It is a sport that does not have one negative impact on any eco-system. If you think I am wrong ask any Game warden or Wildlife Biologist. A good example of this is that here in Missouri for as long as there has been limits the limit on rough fish has been 20 fish per person per day. The rough fish population has gotten so out of control on our lakes that this year the state has gone to a no limit. Furthermore who are you to deem what is right and wrong. I have not the slightest idea of what your outdoor interests are but as long as they are within the realms of the law I or any other of my Bowfishing brothers would never belittle you for what you enjoy.

Humor me for a minute as I ramble on. Imagine any one of these scenarios. Gun hunters against Bow hunters/ Muzzleloader against conventional firearm users/traditional archers against compound archers/fly fisherman against modern tackle/Bass fisherman against Cat fisherman/still hunters against stand hunters the combinations are endless. This is the kind of thing that you are trying to breed here and now.

All in all we might not agree with the methods or outdoor sport that the next man/woman might have but we all have one thing in common. Our legal right to enjoy the outdoors within the law in the way that we choose.

The way I see it as an outdoorsman you cannot pick and choose what you are for and what you are not. We must stay together and continue to fight hard to keep ALL of our rights as sportsmen, for if one manages to go more will follow. Think of it like partial circumsision, either go all the way or just forget it!

Thanks for hearing me out,

SSgt Neil Heerdink, USAF

·
Registered
156 Posts
I been kicked off better sites than the fish market !!!

I'm glad I was kicked off the other site, most of the people there had a different mentality and were so biased and could not comprehend where I was coming from. You was one of those one of those who could not comprehend there Mistfit, with your narrow midedness along with the other 98% of that site, it's the best thing that ever happened to me (well one of the best). I didn't fit into that so called great thing for Ohio fishing, because there was the same unethical things going on over there and I was bringing them to light and you people could not handle the truth. That fish site (gof**koff) is a piece of crap, in my opinion, but this site (Ohio Sportsman) is for the overall sportsman and knows that all matters whether pro or con need to be discussed out in an open forum where everyones opinion can be known. You see it as I cause trouble, well I don't see it that way, if I can't voice my or if anyone else can't whats the sense in having this site or any other like it. I bet I'm the talk of the town at that fish market, lol. :D

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
My $0.02

All I have to say is it is a shame this thread is not focused on what it should be, the moderator of this forum. Instead we have progressed into another argument, and the real topic has not been given a chance to be discussed fully. Oh, and Welcome Xpress aka Neil!

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
Desperato is the new moderator.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.