Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's all I'm saying until I get the pictures loaded!

·
5,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, but he is a limb hanger! After being out nearly every day this season and not having any luck I was just about ready to pack it in. But knowing how quick things can happen I grabbed my gun and headed back to a small field that I’ve got a shooting shack on and planned on spending the rest of the day there. I did a little light calling and at about 6 PM got a single response. He sounded like he was about 150 yards away. I didn’t call anymore, was planning on giving him 15-20 minutes before I would call again. Next thing I knew he was there! He came in on an angle where I have a blind spot, when I saw him he was 15 yards away and headed for heavy cover, he stopped for a second behind some brush, that wasn’t thick enough to stop my TSS! The rest is history! I’ve got to remember to stick the end of the barrel outside of the shack.....my ears are still ringing 🤪. 22 pounds, 11 1/4 beard and 1 1/4 Spurs.9
E343F7F1-437D-49A0-88D5-F145585E213E.jpeg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
AC84953B-431C-4B4F-9071-4E323FF0F581.jpeg
05C0A20B-ABD3-4BBD-AF76-EF44DDD15677.jpeg

·
Registered
628 Posts
Stud! Big ol' head....congrats!

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Way to get er done! Congratulations. I know what you mean about getting the barrel out of the blind. I think I was deaf for a month after I did that a couple of years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,049 Posts
Congrats! Great bird.

·
Registered
102 Posts
wow, what a bird! great way to end the season! that there is indeed a limb hanger! looks like he was also risking tripping on that beard - so awesome!

·
Administrator
5,401 Posts
Nope, but he is a limb hanger! After being out nearly every day this season and not having any luck I was just about ready to pack it in. But knowing how quick things can happen I grabbed my gun and headed back to a small field that I’ve got a shooting shack on and planned on spending the rest of the day there. I did a little light calling and at about 6 PM got a single response. He sounded like he was about 150 yards away. I didn’t call anymore, was planning on giving him 15-20 minutes before I would call again. Next thing I knew he was there! He came in on an angle where I have a blind spot, when I saw him he was 15 yards away and headed for heavy cover, he stopped for a second behind some brush, that wasn’t thick enough to stop my TSS! The rest is history! I’ve got to remember to stick the end of the barrel outside of the shack.....my ears are still ringing 🤪. 22 pounds, 11 1/4 beard and 1 1/4 Spurs.9 View attachment 54555 View attachment 54555 View attachment 54556 View attachment 54556 View attachment 54557 View attachment 54557
Very nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!! Gotta love those last day gobblers!!! 😊 🦃 :love:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts