Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Typically, I would hunt in a tree stand, but my now 4 year old son likes to come out and sit with me when hunting. I have a ground blind, but wasn't sure if I should use this or just try to create a natural blind with my son. We sit on small tripod chairs. My son tends to move a lot so I'm worried he might get spotted if we do see a deer. If we use a ground blind, what's the best way to conceal it? This is public land so I'm not going to leave the blind out there. I'll have to set it up quickly and then break it back down. Just looking for some advice as to what others have tried or done.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Im a big fan of natural ground blinds when possible just feel they look more natural, look for good blowdown trees which will provide excellent cover (shot one of my bigger deer to date @ 30 yards sitting in the top of a blowdown on a hillside). If you are going to use a blind just look at the landscape and try to find an area you can "tuck" the blind into so it doesn't stick out as bad and will look more natural. Any thicker brushy areas or pines.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Has anyone fired a mechanical broad head through the "shootable" blind mesh before? Just wondering if this is a "no no". I've read a few things online and some people say it's fine and others say don't do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts