Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I wanted to see if anyone has one of those new black flash cams yet. The ones that dont flash a light. I was looking at getting one. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Paul

·
Administrator
5,399 Posts
There are several types of "black flash" cameras. Most simply have red LED's behind a black piece of plastic. If it's dark out, the LEDs are clearly visible through the plastic and to the deer. I am testing a new camera by DLC called "Special Ops Code Black". Before I deployed it in the field I tested it in my pitch black basement. I was not able to see any sort of light at all coming from this camera. It is now deployed in the field and we will see how the deer react.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Steve, good info, I'll be interested to see the follow up of the field test. I will be in the market for some new cams in the next 12-18 months.

·
Administrator
5,399 Posts
The deer always seem to know where the camera is. I'll buy that it is your scent left on the camera for a couple of weeks, but after that it must be something else, like red LED's that they can see. We'll see how the code black fares. I can't see any light come out of it, but that doesn't mean the deer won't.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a Reconyx HC600. All I can say is OUTSTANDING! Never buy another brand ever again. The money I am saving in batteries makes up the difference. I bought and put it out in June/2011 and finally replaced the batteries 4/2012. Absolutely no glow and undetectable.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I have two reconyx hc600 also they were worth the money i think.They take good pics and never spook deer. I had a bushnell TC and after a cpl weeks the deer avoided that trail and started a new on 10yds away from it.I had that happen again on another peice off property too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Any pics from the DLC cameras???? Interested in both cameras so it'd be nice to see what they can do. I have a DLC Covert II Assassin but that's just IR.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 10 of 10 Posts