Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After fighting wind the first two days the stillness this morning was a pleasant surprise....birds hammerred. could hear 10-12 diff birds within 200 yards. Had a full strut decoy out in a pasture. about 730 one of the birds gobbled just inside the woods. 2 min later i see a head poke out, he saw the full strut decoy and it was over. He never broke strut and came right to the decoy. just a 2 year old but weighed 25.2 pounds, My heaviest bird ever. Side note in 3 days i saw 3 times more male birds than hens. the hens i did see acted Very nesty...slipping out to feed in a field like it was a bother and slipping back into thickets quickly, by themselves and not in groups. Making calling in mature birds seem easier than i can ever remember!

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Congrats Aaron. No luck Monday. Was going to head to Pike county Friday but after seeing that Saturday is gonna be a washout I might stay home and hunt the Greene county birds from the comfort of the blind.
sam-r261 UP.Browser/6.2.3.8 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah good luck bilman, this weather has been rough for sure and not looking to get much better

1 - 6 of 6 Posts