Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lots of rain and extremely high winds...i'm hoping my new vinyl siding holds up...:yikes:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Not a lot of rain but very high winds trees down everywhere and me the wife and kids are camping in the house minus the fire.. or do the candles make up for that

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hope all is well. No power down in Meigs county:(Lots of trees down on the farm.Going to be bizzy in the morning. Good luck to ya.

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Not a lot of rain but very high winds trees down everywhere... We just got power back on. It had been off since 5:00... Of course I got out the extention cords the generator and as I am on my way to get gas my wife calls and said it was back on...Duke energy said they didn't know what the problem was and couldn't give a time.. We have 2 refigerators and a deep freezer and we just spend a $250 at the store, so I wasn't guna take any chances... Oh well it is back on...

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got called in...riverside looks like a war zone...really a mess,leaving it up to contractors...:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hit pretty good here along i70 on the lick/musk/perry counties border
Hit about 545pm an has solid 70/80mph winds.Lots of trees down an it blew.half the skirting of my mobile mansion..No power which means no water.I hope but doubt we have power back by noon

Sent via Campbells soup can an string..

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I took this pic just north of Lancaster about 15 minutes before the severe winds and rain hit.The clouds were simply being pushed and were stacking up like they were against a wall.
I headed south on 33 and when I got to the JD dealership I saw the water from their pond blowing out of the pond and clear across Rt 33.It looked like a wall of water.most bizarre weather related thing I've ever witnessed!

·
22,521 Posts
Got really dark-somewhat windy- enough rain to wet the top of the concrete and then over. Not much here.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Hit pretty good here along i70 on the lick/musk/perry counties border
Hit about 545pm an has solid 70/80mph winds.Lots of trees down an it blew.half the skirting of my mobile mansion..No power which means no water.I hope but doubt we have power back by noon

Sent via Campbells soup can an string..
Not lookin like we will have power back anytime soon.Aep is sayin jul 8th for my area

Sent via Campbells soup can an string..:banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Wow, I thought I had it bad losing it for 5 Hr's...

I lent my generator to my daughters softball coach. He lives 4 miles away and he still doesn't have power..

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I lost power yesterday at 4:45 and everything in my fridge today at 1:00pm I have a generater now but not spose to have power back untill July 6/10 there is still some stores open so we will be ok but I mite not get to work next week :( but all in all only one person got hurt when the storm hit I was at the store besides my work and it looked like a tornado in my works lot and my bosses daughters boyfriend seen it to he got out of there car and a tree snapped in half falling on him and it broke his back!!! I hope everyone is safe and feed if anyone lives near haydenville and needs water food or a shower hit me up!!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Got pounded here in Cambridge. 70 + mph winds, lots of rain, lines and trees down everywhere. Really impressed with all of the neighbors getting together with chain saws, front end loaders and lots of elbow grease. Got all of the streets cleared with no help from the local govt. Some wives were saying that nobody is going to help us rural people so we got to do it ourselves. So we did.

Tractor trailer blown over, a Wendy's lost a roof, tree went through a church roof, some traffic lights are out and the list goes on.

I made out fine with power loss and running generator. I checked the back woods for downed trees and just beside a trail I found a dead fawn that weighed about 5 or 6 lbs. No physical injuries. Probably stressed from the rain, hail and cold. It was still a bit warm without the rig. Daughter said I had to burry it. Yotes and vultures were not getting this one.

Love to know when the power will be restored. Will change the generator motor oil every 75 hrs with synthetic.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Im pretty lucky my power just flickered and stayed on but been there couple winters ago I was without juice for 11 days had to heat with K-1 and cook on a kerosene heater also melted snow to wash my rear stored all my freezer food outside lol

·
22,521 Posts
Completely dry here- never got any rain or high winds. But I will tell you this, it's HOT and very dry in the fields and woods. Came in after being out in this most of the day, checking cameras etc. and we sure could use the rain!!!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i see we're under more storm watches...we need rain not storms...i have no problems...we never lost power,we got gas...and all stores open and i just got paid:biggrin:...we're lucky to have all utilities underground...i think:D

1 - 20 of 55 Posts