Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are approaching the best week of the deer season, 2022 Ohio Gun Week! Things are looking good on my property down south. My northern property is still recovering from the EHD Decimation of 2020. We only had one mature buck and the neighbor took him out in October. I’ve encountered 4 mature bucks while bowhunting down south and have many more on camera. Next Monday should be a fun opening day! Good luck to everyone and what are your plans for next week?

·
Registered
31 Posts
We are approaching the best week of the deer season, 2022 Ohio Gun Week! Things are looking good on my property down south. My northern property is still recovering from the EHD Decimation of 2020. We only had one mature buck and the neighbor took him out in October. I’ve encountered 4 mature bucks while bowhunting down south and have many more on camera. Next Monday should be a fun opening day! Good luck to everyone and what are your plans for next week?
two legit ask for a newbie to Ohio.

how long does it take for an area to bounce back from ehd? Is there an improved herd or buck presence after that (or worse)?

is it the best week to kill bucks or your favorite week?

thank you. HappyThanksgiving and good luck to you and yours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts