Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone have experience with this? They are the only ones that are readily available lately. I ordered one, 315 to the door is very good now. It may be a while before I get out to try it, but at least I’ll have one in these unsettling times.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I have the same one. It's fine for the money. Fit and finish is pretty good. The side charging handle will rust if not painted or coated with oil. I painted mine. One and done. Everything else has a protective coating on the metal. It's definitely picky about ammo, so buy a couple different types and put it through the paces(I know, that's hard to do right now). Mines feeds everything I've tried other than hornady American whitetail 170. My buddies won't feed winchester 150. Ymmv. That said I enjoy mine. It's light and easy to carry.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the same one. It's fine for the money. Fit and finish is pretty good. The side charging handle will rust if not painted or coated with oil. I painted mine. One and done. Everything else has a protective coating on the metal. It's definitely picky about ammo, so buy a couple different types and put it through the paces(I know, that's hard to do right now). Mines feeds everything I've tried other than hornady American whitetail 170. My buddies won't feed winchester 150. Ymmv. That said I enjoy mine. It's light and easy to carry.
I appreciate it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got my new BCA upper a few weeks ago. The boys and I loaded it up on a home build lower and shot away with it. We had several jams and the bolt would not always lock back on the last round with WWB so I contacted BCA. They asked me to send it back to them for inspection/warranty work. They quickly got back to me and they very lightly polished the feed ramps. A few days later it arrived back to me and it seems much better. They test fired 10 rounds of WWB at the factory with no issues. I took it and test fired three rounds without any issues also. Hopefully all is well now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update: I have since fired 35 rounds through the rifle. All were WW 145 gr except two 180 PP rounds. I only had one FTF and that was a 145 WW. It may have been a fluke because it ran fine after that one issue. Now it’s time to sight in a new scope.
A60533D7-C2D6-480F-B444-9C252525C009.jpeg

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update:
Ran 20 rounds of WW today as I sighted in the new Vortex scope. No issues to report. It shoots one ragged hole at 50 yards.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thoughts on quality? I'm surprised (and cautious) of the comparatively low prices.
Their prices are very low. I shopped several name brands, they are by far the cheapest. I was reluctant at first, like you. There are many happy BCA customers out there, and several that are not. I took the gamble primarily due to cost, availablity in our current political state, and the fact that they have a lifetime warranty. So far I am pleased. You will find that several AR 350s have feeding issues. This seems to be not uncommon. It comes down to the mags and feed ramps, in my opinion. You will bore yourself to death watching YouTube vids on how to modify 350 mags. Honestly, my Ruger American 350 didn’t feed at all when I first got it. A fellow member on this site instructed me on how to remedy it. My point is that any rifle can have issues. Now back to your question…. I feel the BCA is of good quality. I’m sure I got what I paid for, but I didn’t go looking for a high end rifle. I wanted a gun to plink with and take deer hunting. So far BCA has been great to work with. Their warranty department was fast to fix my issue. I admit their polishing of the feed ramps looks rough. I think they ground some of the metal out to make room for the bullet to enter the chamber. It is barely noticeable though. Again, not a precision gunsmithing job, but it worked. I would definitely consider them if I was to buy another. On a side note, my buddy bought a 5.56 upper and it shoots great. Good luck!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anyone knows if you can actually hunt in Ohio using an AR15 chambered in 350 Legend?
Absolutely. The only thing you need to keep in mind is the number of shells you have in gun. Three is the max. One in the chamber, two in the mag.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Oh ok thanks! I was scared since I think I saw in one place that AR15 was banned for hunting, I guess they were wrong. Can’t wait to put a 450 bushmaster into my AR for some hunting 😎👍

1 - 11 of 11 Posts