Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of you who are going to order the new 3" tricolor Crappie grub from the Bass Pro catolog, don't, unless you don't mind receiving Sqirmin grubs. For those of you who did, check your grubs. They are not those seen in the catolog. They don't exist and never did! :mad:

It took 6 phone call and 6 weeks to get Bass Pro to admit that the product never existed! David, the warehouse moron-in-charge, doesn't understand that customer svc. can make or break a business and that a simple communication from the get-go will usually foster good, customer relations.

Time to start ordering more from Cabela's and other companys.

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
you know i never order from catalogs if i can buy it local...but i must say bass pro did hunting justice as they hosted the atlanta nascar race...millions heard about hunters and fishers,trappers,campers and what we do for conversation ...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tips when ordering from Bass Pro

When ordering from the catolog, be careful that the on-line price is not cheaper!
For example, the main cat. price for Stik-os (a Senko immitation), is $1 cheaper on-line; (the same, last year). Bass Pro also sends out sales flyers that show discounts.

So, when ordering by phone, always use the 2 number-prefix as seen on-line, in the flyer or in their seasonal issues or you will be charged the full, cat. price. Example - on-line prefix of 38-, insures the correct on-line price when you order over the phone. Always check the fishing clearance-section - the item may be greatly reduced temporarily or being cleared. BPS has a few brain-dead sales people, so confirm color, size and price and make a note of backordered items. Also, their computer terminals may not reflect the lower price! If you get any crap, just hang up and call back so you will be auto-connected to someone cooperative.
Fortunately, most of the sales people are very helpful and nice to talk to.

E-mail confirmation for UPS tracking, is advisable. The screw ups will usually occur in the warehouse, run by a clown named David. Don't let service connect you to him, ever, - always ask for a higher-up manager to report any major, recurring problems.

If the product is under $5 and defective, ask for a replacement. Their policy is to send a new item, but you keep the crappy one. I've done this with soft plastics and crankbaits of the wrong color or size.

Unfortunately, I like good sales and have done extremely when BPS has them.
But from now on, I'll be ordering only on-sale items from them. Everyone else will now get my business for large price items and for good reason. Bass Pro gouges for S&H. i.e. Cabelas offers free shipping for orders over $200 certain times of year. My friend ordered a new Minn Kota, 65lb.-thrust bow-mount and paid no shipping, plus the motor was on sale. Screw BPS.

Frank M

1 - 3 of 3 Posts