Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with base camp leasing? I'm looking into them for a lease for next year and wondered if anyone has before and how it worked out. Thanks

·
Registered
905 Posts
If I saw that Guy who owns that company In the woods I would contemplate shooting him for the betterment of Ohio Hunters. (that's a joke) if you want to pay thousands of dollars have at it. I leased a 105 acre plot off a southern Ohio coal company for 160 bucks this year and have seen deer that most would dream of . Basecamp is one of the worst things to Ohio hunting .

·
Super Moderator
7,893 Posts
I have never used them, but I have heard bad things.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I just stumbled across them this morning surfing the web. I had no idea. I want a place to myself next year. After the year iv had this year im ready

·
Registered
661 Posts
They are trying to lease a parcel next to me out. The first guys they sent showed there map half of my ground in it. Had to set the guys straight. Next the ground they offered is all open field and they advertised it as great deer property. Took pics of deer standing on my land for there pics. People should boycott them they are driving lease rates sky high

·
Registered
563 Posts
If I saw that Guy who owns that company In the woods I would contemplate shooting him for the betterment of Ohio Hunters. (that's a joke) if you want to pay thousands of dollars have at it. I leased a 105 acre plot off a southern Ohio coal company for 160 bucks this year and have seen deer that most would dream of . Basecamp is one of the worst things to Ohio hunting .
Scott trout
We also leased 180 acres off the same coal company (I am guessing this to be true bc we also paid $160 each). Our experience has been poor to say the least. It is more like public hunting than hunting privately leased property. Locals think they own the place and trespass at will. Hunting pressure surrounding our lease is amazingly high.
3 of us sat all day on Monday and Tuesday of this week and saw a combined total of 3 deer. Not impressive for Harrison county. Send me a PM as I would be interested to speak with you further about this. Thanks and good luck.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have leased from them for 5 years. Its been great. Yes alittle expensive but I didn't have the time to do the legwork myself for a lease. No differnt than useing a realestate agent vs selling yourself. You pay for the sevice. I would recommend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts