Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bad stuff about Ohiosportsman.com
We have 511 Members as of 03-11-03. I am just a member here just like the rest of you. I come to gain knowledge about the outdoor sports and read the funny stuff and new laws. This is a great site but the more people that are members the more knowledge we gain and more interesting things to read.
The bad stuff about Ohiosportsman.com is that Michigan-sportsman.com has 10 times the amount of members as we do, they have over 5,000, we have 511. we need to have a drive to shorten the gap. If you have and which we all do is friends that are into the outdoors sports they need to be told about Ohiosportsman.com, if you are fishing and a guy is launching his boat tell him to look at this site, If each member got one to look and join that means 1,000, and if that other person gets one it will balloon from there, be sure to tell them to tell their friends also. don't be bashful about telling people where ever you are, they will thank you for it.
Michigan has been open longer but we can't have that gap of 10 to 1. The more members every one benefits, I have learned so much here and on the Mich site ,.
The smaller the site the harder to get advertizers to spend money to keep it open, They have a donation on the front page and I belong to both and I send a donation once a year for $500.00, Yea Right , I send $20.00 so I won't have a horse head in my bed one night when I come home, What ever you can afford to send will keep the site going,
It says you can sell things here no fee, I am going to advertise 3 boats in the next week or so, If none sells I will send $5.00 donation for each one any way, if one sells it will be $50.00 ea one, either way it is dirt cheap.
The more members the better, Besides we gotta catch MI some day, its personnel to me, I was Born in Martins Ferry Ohio.
I am not affiliated with either site, just a member but I want to see it grow and stay open.
I personally dont like to send a donation thru a computer, the address below for those that would like to send a donation , I believe its the same address, Steve the administrator will correct me if I am wrong on the address to send a donation by Snail mail because he will see the heading for this post about bad stuff and read it because he's nosey.

Michigan-Sportsman.com
PO Box 930291
Wixom MI 48393

Remember, one member each should be our goal, tell at least one person in the next weeks and we will see that 511 members go up fast.
Sorry Steve if I over stepped my boundaries but you don't know where I live so I am not worried because all you can do is send me a nasty e mail which I can delete any way, so put that in your pipe and smoke it. Don't get me confused with Steve The administrator, I am the better looking one of the two Steve, I am Steve Ypsi that posted this message

·
Registered
16,255 Posts
If I run into any buckeye's down here in South Carolina I'll be sure to tell them about this site.

Other than that all my hunting buddies back home don't own computers. Shoot,,,,, I doubt they'd even know how to turn one on too....:)

Thunderflight

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats Funny Thunder.
By the way here again I am Steve Ypsi not Steve the administrator.
If you have a friend or know some sports shop tell them about the advertizing, I think I saw that it is $99.00 a year but they would have to ask steve for sure, thats cheap but we also need to build our member base so when they ask Steve How many Members read this he can say in the thousands so there again we all gain. By the way these two sites, I bought 2 of my boats off of one, here is the first place I look at things for sale. and if you need some thing support the advertizers first if at all possible, they are the ones that keep it open along with small donations but advertizing is the number one. I have gotten many questions answered on these boards
If you buy bait at the same shop tell them about this site and how cheap it is to advertize.we for get that they need advertizers to keep this site going, its not free band width, Tell one shop owner beside getting a new member
Remember I am steve Ypsi, not the homely steve

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
The address is correct. We already offer OhioSportsman.com oval stickers and could add the larger full sized bumper stickers but there was so little interest in the ovals I decided to wait.

Don't forget about the referral contest we are running as well. This month it's a hat. The next two months will have even better prizes. See the Sound Off forum for details on how to win.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Numbers really dont' matter that much

There are some sites that you all may know that have a large number of members, but about 90% never post. Heck, I was booted from the site, as were some others I know yet the number of members stayed the same, the counter only goes one way, LOL. I think 500 members is pretty good for a relatively new site.
Nasty

·
Registered
156 Posts
Bogus ID's at the Fish Market

It's like the Fish Market site boasts about all the members, when most of them regulars have about 20 id's apiece and make them up to make it look like lot's of members. I don't think we have that here, from what I've seen of this site.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
I really don't think that is the case on the other sites you refer to. Just people want to belong to get info and not really add to it. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
LOL...:D :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
HEY SINCE I AM JOINING SO LATE IN THE MONTH I WILL WAIT UNTILL APRIL TO DO ALL OF MY RECRUITING....! PLEASE BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY I WILL BRING MANY MEMBERS TO THE SITE. I REALLY ENJOY IT HERE AND WILL CONTINUE TO POST. I HAVE MY OWN HUNTING CLUB (FOR ****S AND GRINS) ITS CALLED "RACK AND BEARD HUNTING CLUB" SO I UNDERSTAND THE HARDSHIPS IN KEEPING EVERYTHING TOGETHER. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Hey CC:

I work in Kettering and Own a business in Enon, Live in Fairborn (outside of Fairborn towards Yellowsprings..in the "sticks"...no, I don't live in Yellowsprings but know a few goofballs whom do.

I work at Scitex (on Research Blvd).

Oldhat

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
It's good to see all the new guys coming aboard!!:D ;)

·
Registered
6,436 Posts
i can assure you all and will bet my paycheck i am the one and only on this site or any other and as for the" troll" statement i made i will bet my paycheck that the ohio bowsite which i was referring too has a lot of trolls as does the leatherwall

·
Registered
586 Posts
same here george

[i used to use my real name,and most regulars on the two sites i frequent,know exactly who i am(though after fishing with me,some may wish they didn't,lol.
i can assure you all and will bet my paycheck i am the one and only on this site or any other
and i know what you mean about some other sites.and there are probably at least a couple "dual/multiple personalities" on here too.seems like you find them everywhere:rolleyes: it's no reflection on any site,just that some people do it everwhere they go,for one reason or another.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Interesting

Nasty would know because he's using one of his other 20 names on the site he got bounced from....man.......you're killing me !!:D
I don't know where the trolls went, I thought they slunk off under a bridge somewhere:confused:
This site may have a tough time gaining new members, as there already is a good Ohio site. It's got alot of support & the members who are active have get togethers & events occasionally. Alot are the same ones who are active in here too. I know I've met & fished with alot of them, and still do, we're getting together this weekend on a lake in SW Ohio.
I like both sites, I think it takes some time to grow, and like the don pointed out, alot of members don't post. I bet there's alot of people looking at this site who don't post here also. Why buy the cow if the milk is free ? I belong to a site that you have to be a member of to access most of the messages & to post. They have an introductory area, some general stuff open to get you to sign on. No fees or anything, but maybe that would get more people to sign on as members. They are really strict on posting & what you say...no trolls there !!:rolleyes:
I've heard rumors of trolls in the woods in the immediate area surrounding this "top secret" location.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts