Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
My dad was recently diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. Well today he received a letter in the mail saying something like...... Patients with his cancer who undergo Kemo tend to live for 12-18 months. What a flipppppnnnn way to tell someone. I'm going to watch the man who introduced me to the outdoors and who was an amazing man wither away and die. Breaks my heart knowing I should have did more with him. His name is Kenny, please pray for him and the family.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
39 Posts
Lung Cancer

Whooty, Dont believe that crap. I have lung cancer too, maybe not stage 4, but bad enough to lose part of my lung & take Chemo. Its
been 10 mos. and I have no intension of passing in the near future.
BTW I also have COPD. About one mo ago I began feeling stronger, might be the repaired blood vessle in my lung, but I have more stamina than before and am less worried about how often I need to call on kids for assistance. I wish your Dad the best and dont believe all the statistics. They aren't correct for any particular instance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just want to say, keep your head up and stay positive. My father was diagnosed with non small cell stage 4 lung cancer just over a year ago. He has endured many chemo treatments, procedures, and tests and is still with us thank the Lord! It's like nothing else when it impacts your immediate family, ALL MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I lost my father in 2005 he had small cell lung cancer . He started smoking during the Korean war . The goverment packed cigarettes in their meal packs and he never could stop after he was hooked. Sorry to hear about yours hopefully he will beat it. The doctors now days have allot more options! Hope they find a cure soon it seems to be epidemic . Stay strong!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.