Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What else needs banned?
I just spit my damn coffee out...lol...your sarcasm got me....since most posts on this forum have become just silly, I'm also in favor of banning all modern firearms and implements plus...motor vehicles..... horse and buggy from here out........and ban chewing gum.......

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Keep big league chew!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Jesus, the authoritarians on here are unreal. Let’s ban scopes, compound bows that were very frowned apon when they came out by recurve traditionalists.Ban crossbows… Ban the new muzzleloaders and you can’t use anything but flint locks. Just use a stick and a rock. I see the healthy, non working (evidently) and or young guys talk about how they have time and ability to run deer trails, find the right scrapes and rubs and pray that buck is still even around. Which, BTW, is how I did it growing up and still did it IF I had time to get that extra time in the woods. But that’s hard to do and working 6-7 days a week and still have time for family. Not to mention getting older and not able to climb the hills anymore. But screw those old timers, right? They act like the deer or game will be there like an appointment time. They’re not. Or, the cameras have turret and a M-60 mounted on it with you targeting it with your phone at what ever location you’re at. You’re not. But what makes the difference if you were. The idea is to control the deer populations with bag limits. As long you’re not violating that, who cares how you harvest your game?! BTW, you don’t want to use a camera? DON’T. Just like carrying a gun for self defense. You don’t want to carry a gun for self defense, DON’T. Leave the rest of us the hell alone. Tired of the nanny state hunters too!

Reactions: Retired2hunt

·
Registered
580 Posts
i would argue survival rate for potential growth has only improved with trail cam use. For instance, I’m a whole lot more likely to pass on a shot at a 125” 3 year old buck if I know a 145” 5 year old is wandering around. Prior to trail cams, I would have shot the 125 and never knew the 145 existed.

As has already been said; use the tactics you prefer. Just because you can use trail cams doesn’t make it mandatory. Similarly to how not everyone had to rush out to buy a rifle once they became legal.
If everyone had that same mind set, I would have to agree.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Once again the anti killing hunters are trying to have their way. I’m not going down the rabbit hole with the same people again. I’ve been here too long to care and know I won’t change your mind. Just remember the majority of Utah are people who voted for Romney and think a guy named Joseph Smith looked into a hat and talked to god. Take that fwiw. :). There is no other group like hunters who try to impose their will onto their fellow hunters. “The good ole days” weren’t all that great.
The good ole days worked with results via challenging efforts, and good footwork

·
Registered
341 Posts
How will I know when trespassers are on the property? I have one cam watching the gate and have caught trespassers "real time" using the cameras.
Good point! I think that is why Utah gave exclusive rights for that to just the landowners that operate hunting properties. They kind of did and they didn't ban them.

·
7,176 Posts
How will I know when trespassers are on the property? I have one cam watching the gate and have caught trespassers "real time" using the cameras.
Maybe you should read the article.
”Note that the new restrictions do not impact anyone using trail cameras to gather information for educational purposes, private landowners using them for security purposes or to monitor agricultural operations”

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
Hey glass house!! Watch throwing stones

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
People who only believe in their opinions
If Everyone THOUGHt THE SAME you would agree? Then post you are against those who only believe in their opinions? Are you related to Jen Psaki?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow, did we just go from hunting to personal attacks to politics? smh

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
I thought I was pretty darn funny!! Sorry if my
Pointing out hypocrisy offended you.

·
Registered
580 Posts
If Everyone THOUGHt THE SAME you would agree? Then post you are against those who only believe in their opinions? Are you related to Jen Psaki?
Sorry there bubby I’m a trump fan take your left turn somewhere else, if you don’t like my opinions don’t read them, I could care less about yours, I would expect the same respect from you, no don’t waste my time and others on here, if you read it and don’t like it, ignore it as you won’t remember it in the morning, do you have have red hair???
Seriously I’m not here to argue with anyone, but as far as my opinions, that is all they are, I’m not saying to ban anything, I have tons of browning and Tactacams, but I honestly could do with them or without them.
Godbless ——-Redarrow7

·
Registered
580 Posts
i would argue survival rate for potential growth has only improved with trail cam use. For instance, I’m a whole lot more likely to pass on a shot at a 125” 3 year old buck if I know a 145” 5 year old is wandering around. Prior to trail cams, I would have shot the 125 and never knew the 145 existed.

As has already been said; use the tactics you prefer. Just because you can use trail cams doesn’t make it mandatory. Similarly to how not everyone had to rush out to buy a rifle once they became legal.
Good way of looking at it.
Great opinion appreciated here,
Redarrow7

·
Registered
580 Posts
I just spit my damn coffee out...lol...your sarcasm got me....since most posts on this forum have become just silly, I'm also in favor of banning all modern firearms and implements plus...motor vehicles..... horse and buggy from here out........and ban chewing gum.......
Don’t forget bicycles

21 - 40 of 53 Posts