close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

back country hiking Wayne National Forest

Discussion in 'Camping, Sight-seeing, Tourism, RVs' started by jshdrake5, Sep 7, 2012.

1. New to the site and wanted to introduce myself, and ask for some knowledge. I am an Iraq war vet with alot of back woods experience. I'm planning a trip to disappear into the woods for a couple of days in the next couple of weeks. I'm bringing 4 of my Army buddies and would like to know if anyone knows where to disappear in the Wayne. We just were wanting to not see anyone if possible. We do plan to squirrel hunt and maybe some dove. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Welcome to the site.

Sounds like a fun trip.

Good Luck,

RGJZ06

:Welcome::Welcome:

3. There's a little place down near Pedro, just past the race track (don't know if it's still there) some folks could not see anyone for some time.
    You may be better off hitting the wilderness area in Shawnee. You supposed to get permits though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. Thanks Jericho,

I like the bigness of the Wayne, and the ability to camp anywhere. I plan to go off trail if that helps. I appreciate the feedback.

5. You can camp anywhere in the wilderness area, you just have to get a permit. It's 9,000+ acres. I've camped in there a few times and never saw a soul.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine