close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Automatic subscription

Discussion in 'Forum - Website Problems' started by Silver Bass, Dec 23, 2002.

1. Whenever you post on a forum it automatically subscribes you to it.....odd. I have gotten two emails for two posts and had to unsubcribe each time.

2. Go to your profile, and under options, shut off subscriptions.

3. Ugh it did it again. My subscriptions ARE shut off, but whenever I make a post, it subcribes me to that thread and emails me when there is a reply, and I have to go back in manually and unsubsribe.

4. That's odd. I shut mine off, but before I did it had subscribed me to certain ones. I had to unsubscribe each of those individually and it was ok. If I were Steve, I would program the website to automatically not subscribe when you sign up. It's a v bulletin option that administrators can change.

5. Make sure your email notification is not checked before you submit your post....its under options everytime you post a new thread.
    Mitch

6. I like the email notifications, it lets me know when someone has replyed to a thread I posted in..And I get more email, I love email:D

7. I used to like it...but now i am checking the boards daily and posting more...so my box is getting flooded lol

8. Mine works

I clicked something off in option and they stopped coming.
    Jack.....I used to get so much junk mail, it would make you crazy, but my isp installed a filter & they all go into a "filtered" mail folder and automatically delete themselves after 10 or 30 days. so much nicer. You got me wondering now, I'll have to check & see what's there.......maybe I'll subscribe you to some !!;)

9. User cp

I just went to look it up for you. It's in your User cp then go to Options, and click the "no" bullet under this:

Use 'Email Notification' by default?
    Using this option emails you whenever someone replies to a thread that you have participated in.

That will take care of it !........Jim

10. I don't mind getting the e-mails. I like to see who replies to the threads.;)

11. I have unsubcribed, as Mrfish/Oh instructed, but they still come. A little help Steve?

12. Maybe

Maybe you have to unsubcribe on a few indiviual threads too. That's what I did at first, then I did the unsubsribe in my options. Try it again & be sure to hit "submit modifications" It worked for me.