Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never done this. I'm not sure how to go about it or if it's propper. A friend of mine contacted me about this. Her mother is a volunteer at an animal shelter in Guernsy county. I quess someone there was operating a Wolf or hybrid Wolf sancuary. She is telling me that the people who operate this thing has "walked away from it." They are getting the courts to give this animal shelter the means and legal authority to send these animals to other apprpriate places. In the meantime these animals are starving. She asked me if I could make a plea to hunters for any venison the could spare. So far they have been using road kills. There are 27 of the animals to feed. I'm guessing some will be killed,some hopefully wcan be helped. So I'm just putting out feelers and any suggestions. Thanks for the time all. Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
Talk to city workers about there roadkill cleanups. Some cities or counties may be able to donate it but I would make sure its lidgit and get tags from odnr first.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
679 Posts
I've never done this. I'm not sure how to go about it or if it's propper. A friend of mine contacted me about this. Her mother is a volunteer at an animal shelter in Guernsy county. I quess someone there was operating a Wolf or hybrid Wolf sancuary. She is telling me that the people who operate this thing has "walked away from it." They are getting the courts to give this animal shelter the means and legal authority to send these animals to other apprpriate places. In the meantime these animals are starving. She asked me if I could make a plea to hunters for any venison the could spare. So far they have been using road kills. There are 27 of the animals to feed. I'm guessing some will be killed,some hopefully wcan be helped. So I'm just putting out feelers and any suggestions. Thanks for the time all. Mike
Muzzy,

Batts suggestion is a good one. Have you tried contacting any wolf preservation societies?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will follow up on the tip. There is a rescue organization waiting to take control of the animals. I quess it has to go through the court system first. The local animal shelter that is all volunteer is the ones trying to keep them fed until legal matters are resolved. They also have a call in to ODNR also.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm waiting for the wolf to do what it did in the past to get itself wiped out and will not spend penny one to control it's spread which is happening rapidly. I'm not about to feed the thing except to show it where the wolf reintroducer lives. Soon the wolf will have a bounty on it's head and then I'll give it something to chew on, till then...

Don't think me cold. I once had a female **** give birth close to my chicken coop, cute little things. Later that year I killed several after loosing many chickens. Think of me as more mature. I've grown up.

Sure as heck am not wasting prime venison on it. Next thing you know the thing will be killing the deer your after.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I'm waiting for the wolf to do what it did in the past to get itself wiped out and will not spend penny one to control it's spread which is happening rapidly. I'm not about to feed the thing except to show it where the wolf reintroducer lives. Soon the wolf will have a bounty on it's head and then I'll give it something to chew on, till then...

Don't think me cold. I once had a female **** give birth close to my chicken coop, cute little things. Later that year I killed several after loosing many chickens. Think of me as more mature. I've grown up.

Sure as heck am not wasting prime venison on it. Next thing you know the thing will be killing the deer your after.
right gary only humans are allowed to kill deer...:Dwe kill more than all other predators combined...predators kill for only one reason...survival...:D
on another note...many of these dogs have been put down...i do agree however,theres plenty of deer along the roads going to waste...these dogs dont want just backstraps...get em some road kill...

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
right gary only humans are allowed to kill deer...:Dwe kill more than all other predators combined...predators kill for only one reason...survival...:D
on another note...many of these dogs have been put down...i do agree however,theres plenty of deer along the roads going to waste...these dogs dont want just backstraps...get em some road kill...
We kill more on the roads that anything. I am sure the Dog's can live on road kill. There isn't any kind of shortage...

·
Registered
265 Posts
Allowed? I think you missed something in history class. Got any idea how many women and children insided their little sheters made out of wood and mud screamed in terror as packs of wolves tore through the walls and ceilings to ripe them apart? The men that declared war on the wolf did so with very good reason and viciously wiped them out with a vengence. How about we try and honor our elders for a change.

I am 100% sure the wolf left to it's own will do the same again. Then I will be paid to kill it and the wolf supporter see an indifferent society turn on them with much more hatred than the anti has ever had for the hunter. I will be one voice that will ask for them to be punished for every drop of blood spilled. There was a time in Euorpe that wolves ran in packs of hundreds and thousands were killed in hunts just to keep the villages safer.

Got little to do with deer except that if you feed an wild animal something don't be surprised if it ripes apart your food source later. I ain't helping to have that happen.

The wolf is allowed to do anything, man is not.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
1st off gary i was referring to your last sentence in your post before this one...second i dont believe theres that many humans being killed by wolves where wolves roam...i'd bet pit bulls kill more humans...black bears are also dangerous to humans but you never here anybuddy saying we should kill em off i guess since theyre no threat to the precious deer...:D

·
Registered
679 Posts
Allowed? I think you missed something in history class. Got any idea how many women and children insided their little sheters made out of wood and mud screamed in terror as packs of wolves tore through the walls and ceilings to ripe them apart? The men that declared war on the wolf did so with very good reason and viciously wiped them out with a vengence. How about we try and honor our elders for a change.

I am 100% sure the wolf left to it's own will do the same again. Then I will be paid to kill it and the wolf supporter see an indifferent society turn on them with much more hatred than the anti has ever had for the hunter. I will be one voice that will ask for them to be punished for every drop of blood spilled. There was a time in Euorpe that wolves ran in packs of hundreds and thousands were killed in hunts just to keep the villages safer.

Got little to do with deer except that if you feed an wild animal something don't be surprised if it ripes apart your food source later. I ain't helping to have that happen.

The wolf is allowed to do anything, man is not.
First...holy cow!!!!

Second, when did they add "The 3 Little Pigs" and "Little Red Riding Hood" to history class?

Nonetheless, I must keep the Villagers safe!!!

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Wolve's are not something I want in the woods around my area.... A Pack of coyote's spook me enough...These wolves that the guy are talking about are a little differant...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts