Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back to the discussion fellas :thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up::thumbs_up:

I am looking into the NAP Apache drop away Wht do u think of this rest??

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
I see nothing wrong with the WB as a rest,I just wanna be clear on that

If the Apache is the route you are wanting to go,I see nothing wrong with that..You get alot for your money with them.I know a great place that you can order them from for 57$ shipped..I see nothing wrong with the WB as a rest,I just wanna be clear on that

.I find a limb driven rest easier to set up,but they can cost a little more...I use a Trophy Taker Smackdown FC(full containment)..I like it because it can be configured for attachment to the upper limb, lower limb, up cable or down cable..And it puts no tension on the cable at full draw if you decided to use the cable as a attachment point...It also cost twice as much as the Apache:nono:..But I can assure anyone it is built like a tank,and the company backs it up 100%

I aint saying your DOOMED if ya have a rest hooked into the cable causing tension,I just prefer not to...Hooking to a limb is quicker an easier,and ya don't have to worry about timing the drop of the rest as much....It might sound confusing,but if ya saw it in action it would make sense..
Well I was talkin to a friend and he mentioned the Apache so I asked u on here and then called downs bait and was talkin to owner and he said yes the drop aways r better if u shoot a lot but the WB is better for hunting (for me) ie u don't have to worry about Ur arrow falling off. And so on. They know there stuff and instead of talking me into comeing in an buying one he explained some stuff to me encourageing me to keep on practiceing

I dropaway will tighten your groups a ton I know from exp. As will a quality release.

I shoot an Apache rest on my D-340 and it work's very well... It works very well for the price. $50 at basspro when it was on sale. If set up correctly the tention isn't going to change the performance of the bow. As for the arrow droping of the rest it does not happen with the Apache That is the other reason I like them.

In regards to the limb driver: OMO is correct on everything he stated.. They are exelent rest. As to being easy to set up... Some guys can set them up while I have seen others struggle.. It is also one of the fastest dropaway's..
Ripcord and Fuse drop away rest are full containment as well and allow a no interference arrow flight. Anyone who thinks a whiskerbisket doesn't affect arrow flight is fooling theirself. Anytime your vane comes in contact with anything, it affects the flight. The flex of the shaft is also affected by the WB as it passes thru the center hole. Some more than others depending on your setup, spine, weight and type of vane. To each his own.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Yep I thought we be going a lil fall off subject on this one glad to see you know how to work this site I can post and put up pics bout it though

1 - 2 of 2 Posts