Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A post earlier this evening got me thinking, oh god-I know. Anyway-
Just how free are we if we can't even take game from our own properties?
Now, I had never heard such a thing of no hunting (at all*) within city limits, I think it's crazy.
If you're a property owner, should not you be allowed to hunt your own property?
I know I'll hear about wounded deer runnin onto the highway and all, but I think that's a pretty lame excuse- THEY DO IT WITHOUT BEING SHOT! Also, aren't the highways supposed to have fences? I believe they do.
I'm just really irked that stuff like this** happens everyday and nobody really gives a damn. I guarantee, if I had property*** within city limits that banned hunting- I'D BE HUNTING.

Im going to do a little research on the subject, but just wanted to get the discussion going.
I know some will have opposing views, but let's try to keep it civil.

I'll try to post as many links as possible; if I find any info.

* I've heard no gun hunting
**BS laws being passed and enforced. Google- man sentenced to 30 days in jail for collecting rain water
***you could actually hunt

http://trophybucknews.com/Hunting/ohio-city-deer-hunting-ban-ruled-unconstitutional.html

http://solon.patch.com/articles/deer-election-2011

Thoughts?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree Jericho, If i earn abd buy something, it is mine, nobody else, so nobody else will tell me what I can and cannot do on my own property, Property taxes in my opinion junk, if you have something paid for its yours, are we going to have to pay taxes on our bows and stands next? Our lunch and truck? oh yea, we do pay a wheel tax so therefor we never actually own anything besides consumer products, besides land and automobiles..........jmo

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I agree Jericho, If i earn abd buy something, it is mine, nobody else, so nobody else will tell me what I can and cannot do on my own property, Property taxes in my opinion junk, if you have something paid for its yours, are we going to have to pay taxes on our bows and stands next? Our lunch and truck? oh yea, we do pay a wheel tax so therefor we never actually own anything besides consumer products, besides land and automobiles..........jmo
We already pay taxes on most everything we buy. All sporting goods have an excise tax plus the sales tax we pay, plus the tax the company pays on the money they make selling it, plus the tax the distributor pays, the store, the people working there etc etc down to you. Think about this.
You work for someone, they pay you, that money is taxed. Now, where did that person you worked for get the money? Whoever they got it from paid taxes on it too ad infinitum, so basically every bit of currency in circulation is tax. Onto something else...Now the original borrower (a bank) gets this money from the federal reserve (which is really just a private bank that prints money out of thin air-it's not backed by anything) and they loan this money out to banks, BUT with interest. Now if if we paid back all the money, where do we get the rest of the money to pay off the interest? We're debt slaves, it's set up so we'll always be in debt. The more money they print, the less it's worth (inflation, the other hidden tax).
Google Iceland throws out the banksters. Some interesting stuff going on over there that I'm certain most have not even heard about.
Back to the property thing.
The thing about it is, it's not really YOURS. You're a TENANT (check your title/deed) Also, try not paying your taxes (rent) and see what happens.
Folks in this country need to wake up and start figuring some stuff out.
One more thing...
The IRS is not a US government agency, it's an agency of the IMF. Look it up.

I know I'm rambling, but it's 4 in the morn.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Time fo u boyz ta take your meds - dang - you all can go somewhere else to live like Iraq or Croatia or someplaces like those and then you will be able to make an intelligent comparison - if thats possible - dang :whistle::mischeif:

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Its simple you own the property ...not the deer...now you can own the deer. Put a high fence up around your property and go buy some deer...you're free to do that ...I'm sure youre all for it ...I totally agree what geeze said ...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
As for hunting In columbus I can understand why we can't ...within the cities limits ...I'm not talking suburbs here...theres no large parcels to Hunt ...in most cases just 5 acres or less thats vacant or wooded ...by far most properties are very small city lots...and Jericho dont other people have rights to keep others off their places ...you seem to think rights only apply to what you want...thats not freedom for all the people ...more like dictatorship ...you want to dictate...:D

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Cities and villages in Ohio can make laws that vary from other cities. like no discharging of firearms. Townships are very different and limited in what regulations they can create, they are more so subject to State law.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Time fo u boyz ta take your meds - dang - you all can go somewhere else to live like Iraq or Croatia or someplaces like those and then you will be able to make an intelligent comparison - if thats possible - dang :whistle::mischeif:
I used to say the same things to folks when they'd tell me things I didn't want to believe we're true. I could never rebut their argument with anything but ad hominem. When you finally decide to look into what I said let me know.

I also don't ingest fluoride into my body (or try very hard not to) or buy toothpaste that contains fluoride Man, I must be crazy.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for hunting In columbus I can understand why we can't ...within the cities limits ...I'm not talking suburbs here...theres no large parcels to Hunt ...in most cases just 5 acres or less thats vacant or wooded ...by far most properties are very small city lots...and Jericho dont other people have rights to keep others off their places ...you seem to think rights only apply to what you want...thats not freedom for all the people ...more like dictatorship ...you want to dictate...:D
Certainly there's a property or 10 inside city limits that could be hunted.

Why would you say I'd be all for a high fence operation? While I would never hunt one and honestly think they're for fools with too much money, I wouldn't stop someone from owning one or going to one.

As far as trespassing, it's a victimless crime in most circumstances and I'd rather not delve into that on this thread.

Dictatorship? Really? C'mon ****, that's pretty much the opposite of my political/social views.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Certainly there's a property or 10 inside city limits that could be hunted.

Why would you say I'd be all for a high fence operation? While I would never hunt one and honestly think they're for fools with too much money, I wouldn't stop someone from owning one or going to one.

As far as trespassing, it's a victimless crime in most circumstances and I'd rather not delve into that on this thread.

Dictatorship? Really? C'mon ****, that's pretty much the opposite of my political/social views.

come up and show it to me...man i live out here in the burbs...by gender road and i doubt youll find places over 5 acres...once you hit fairfield county line which is a few hunert yds. from me...then after a mile east...but you can hunt there...but its well out of columbus proper...man if theres 5 acreas round here...theyre building on it...only thang round here is black lick an it ain really that big...:an its suburbia...biggrin:

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
come up and show it to me...man i live out here in the burbs...by gender road and i doubt youll find places over 5 acres...once you hit fairfield county line which is a few hunert yds. from me...then after a mile east...but you can hunt there...but its well out of columbus proper...man if theres 5 acreas round here...theyre building on it...only thang round here is black lick an it ain really that big...:an its suburbia...biggrin:
I don't know Columbus, been there maybe 3 times, way too many people for me.
Where was the other guy in the other post talkin about?
My main topic here...refer to the original post.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
deer up here live in the smallest places ...maybe less then a bunch of 10 trees...nobuddy bothers them...theyre not hunted...shoot man the lil bit of woods at mcconnel health center and hospice...by riverside...just a few acres of thicket just off 315 and orr...nice herd in there...you can walk right up to them...should be a decent buck in there this yr.just over p$y...theyre out in the open by hospice every day,all times of the day...thats true urban deer...but we're still a good deal from downtown...and practically surrounded by clintonville and upper arlington...:biggrin:

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
A post earlier this evening got me thinking, oh god-I know. Anyway-
Just how free are we if we can't even take game from our own properties?
Now, I had never heard such a thing of no hunting (at all*) within city limits, I think it's crazy.
If you're a property owner, should not you be allowed to hunt your own property?
I know I'll hear about wounded deer runnin onto the highway and all, but I think that's a pretty lame excuse- THEY DO IT WITHOUT BEING SHOT! Also, aren't the highways supposed to have fences? I believe they do.
I'm just really irked that stuff like this** happens everyday and nobody really gives a damn. I guarantee, if I had property*** within city limits that banned hunting- I'D BE HUNTING.

Im going to do a little research on the subject, but just wanted to get the discussion going.
I know some will have opposing views, but let's try to keep it civil.

I'll try to post as many links as possible; if I find any info.

* I've heard no gun hunting
**BS laws being passed and enforced. Google- man sentenced to 30 days in jail for collecting rain water
***you could actually hunt

http://trophybucknews.com/Hunting/ohio-city-deer-hunting-ban-ruled-unconstitutional.html

http://solon.patch.com/articles/deer-election-2011

Thoughts?

Man, I support the lift of the bans, but I can see all kinds of conflicts brewing. Solon is notorious for their deer problem. Many citizens are opposed to any kind of population control. What happens when one arrows a deer that dies on an anti's property? The properties aren't that big in either N. Royalton or Solon. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out. On the bright side, got a cousin in N. Royalton who has deer in his backyard all the time. I'm sure he'll be very interested in the ruling.

Jericho, it's easy to "guarantee" things that really don't apply to you. I live in a suburb that bans hunting. However, you've got my permission to sit on my porch and wait for the local doe to wander into my yard. But if you wind up in court, I'm not paying your fine. ;)

·
Registered
679 Posts
We already pay taxes on most everything we buy. All sporting goods have an excise tax plus the sales tax we pay, plus the tax the company pays on the money they make selling it, plus the tax the distributor pays, the store, the people working there etc etc down to you. Think about this.
You work for someone, they pay you, that money is taxed. Now, where did that person you worked for get the money? Whoever they got it from paid taxes on it too ad infinitum, so basically every bit of currency in circulation is tax. Onto something else...Now the original borrower (a bank) gets this money from the federal reserve (which is really just a private bank that prints money out of thin air-it's not backed by anything) and they loan this money out to banks, BUT with interest. Now if if we paid back all the money, where do we get the rest of the money to pay off the interest? We're debt slaves, it's set up so we'll always be in debt. The more money they print, the less it's worth (inflation, the other hidden tax).
Google Iceland throws out the banksters. Some interesting stuff going on over there that I'm certain most have not even heard about.
Back to the property thing.
The thing about it is, it's not really YOURS. You're a TENANT (check your title/deed) Also, try not paying your taxes (rent) and see what happens.
Folks in this country need to wake up and start figuring some stuff out.
One more thing...
The IRS is not a US government agency, it's an agency of the IMF. Look it up.

I know I'm rambling, but it's 4 in the morn.

Insightful. True. And?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You can't change what you don't know. If more folks wake up to what's actually happening.....

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Man, I support the lift of the bans, but I can see all kinds of conflicts brewing. Solon is notorious for their deer problem. Many citizens are opposed to any kind of population control. What happens when one arrows a deer that dies on an anti's property? The properties aren't that big in either N. Royalton or Solon. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out. On the bright side, got a cousin in N. Royalton who has deer in his backyard all the time. I'm sure he'll be very interested in the ruling.

Jericho, it's easy to "guarantee" things that really don't apply to you. I live in a suburb that bans hunting. However, you've got my permission to sit on my porch and wait for the local doe to wander into my yard. But if you wind up in court, I'm not paying your fine. ;)
If you knew the things that applied to me....
You're as free as you let yourself be.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Listen Folks, I work 60-80 hours every week....I earn my money.....as Jericho said EVERYTHING is taxed, and alot of things, (most important things) are taxed annually.......Never said I owned the deer coonie, but I do however own the property, but as Jericho said we really don't own that either, if we don't pay land taxes the government takes that as well......If a man shoots my **** hound that trees a **** on his side of the property boundary while it is treed is that ok??? happens all the time and goes unpunished, so why should I get punished for shooting the "peoples" deer on my own property?? Single possession (my dog) or group posession (people's deer) should not matter, injustice to one man is the same injustice to anyone else. And I wouldn't live in any other country in the world, but sir if you say that we do not have some very serious issues on our backs in America you are a fool....This Nation has things flipped upside down and turned completely around, as Jericho said we pay taxes on everything, and alot of things yearly, every single dollar gets taxed, but look at a lot of the waste of our tax dollars...its ridiculous, but this is not a thread about taxation, this is a thread on if you have the right to hunt on your own property, and my answer is yes....Thank God I do not own land that there are stipulations that do not allow me to hunt...and **** I'm gonna pick on you in a friendly way...is 5 acres to small to bowhunt on????? just curious, maybe it is, maybe its not, alot of variables come into play there as well.......as you do, I do alot of hunting here in East Tennessee on public land here in these mountains, that are several hundreds of thousands of acres....but I have also stuck some deer in some 3-5 acre areas as well. Just some things to think about, hope all has a good day!

·
Banned
624 Posts
No one seems to consider that missed shots (bow or gun) could leave the property and injure others or their property.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts