Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for an experienced, responsible trapper looking to take raccoons and coyotes from my land. Hunting privileges will not be included. Send me a message if interested.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
A little late to attract a trapper.....racoon season ended today. Also coyote trappers start to hang it up now. Ohio coyote fur primes early and the trappers after any fur get them early prior to mating season. Most coyotes will be rubbed up and trappers are not interested.

Double edged sword for a deer hunter......trappers want to trap coyotes the same time you want to deer hunt. If you want a good trapper to get **** and coyotes from your land you should start looking for one in Sept and expect them to trap during Nov/Dec.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Bit late in the season for that. **** season just went out and coyotes are a bit rough by now. Maybe next year

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Agreed it is late but would be looking to find someone for the coming season. If you know of anyone interested, let me know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a farm in Meigs County, but only a mile or so from the Vinton border. I use it for beagling and have always had a decent rabbit population for that. Got a trail camera for Christmas and have been amazed at the steady stream of coyotes and a few bobcats going past it. Starting to rethink never doing much predator control other than housecats. It’s truly a wonder any deer fawns survive with so many predators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts