Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of barowing a foam deer target for a week I'm not ganna shoot 1000 arrows in it but need it to get my pins dialed in percisely yes from 10/20/30 yards I can easily place 3 arrows in a 2/3 inch group but wanna practice at a real like target please any help would be awesome

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got one you can borrow ...:biggrin:
Really Coonie that would be great u can call or text me 740-279-9249 my names Nick Anderson by the way I'd even pay a deposit if ya want!!!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Really Coonie that would be great u can call or text me 740-279-9249 my names Nick Anderson by the way I'd even pay a deposit if ya want!!!

no problem,no deposit an you can shoot it all you want...i havent been able to shoot it much lately...it needs some more action that it deserves:D...anytime tomorrow???:mischeif:...:biggrin:its past due we meet anyway...:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes sir I work 7 to 3:30 u can call any time though if I'm not busy ill answer my boss is laid back. I just don't want to be a inconvenience to u if Ur coming this way this weekend that would work or ill meet u half way or Wht ever only plans I have r Saturday after 12:00 ill be headed toward rockbridge. You just let me know thank you

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Yes sir I work 7 to 3:30 u can call any time though if I'm not busy ill answer my boss is laid back. I just don't want to be a inconvenience to u if Ur coming this way this weekend that would work or ill meet u half way or Wht ever only plans I have r Saturday after 12:00 ill be headed toward rockbridge. You just let me know thank you
ok it must be sunday...we're taking wendys grandkids to fair tomorrow/night and then taking one back to indyana saturday(i'll be checking corn ht.again:D)...:biggrin:but right now we're not sure if we're going to fair...and i'm off tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well if ya don't go Tomarow/night Maby me the and family could come to Lancaster it would give us a reason to go eat

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Ok well if ya don't go Tomarow/night Maby me the and family could come to Lancaster it would give us a reason to go eat

sounds good,we may just drive on down...kinda missin the place...theres dees diner kinda close by...or jacks steak house...:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks a bunch Coonie it was great to put a face with the name and letting me see a cool pics of history!!!

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It also amazes me atleast 40 other ppl looked at this thread and nooner other than ole Coonie comented

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Im sure Jericho wouldve. Pretty good guy, he is.

The imagine that was in reference to Coonie commenting, not the idea of letting somebody use your target. Alot of us would if you were near and we had an open schedule. Contrary to popular assumption, most of us like meeting new people, and enjoy shooting with new people even more.

Do you have a range near you to shoot at?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
To be honest, when I read your post I was curious why you wanted a 3-D target to site in. So, the 40 views, I'd reckon at least 10 were me checking back in. I was also curious as to why you wouldn't just go to a range and spend the day shooting your bow rather than runnin down a 3-D target and loosing arrows trying to site in using it.

If I had a target and lived near you I'm sure I'd let you borrow it, but I don't either live near you or have a 3-D target and that's why I was just lookin. I'd a offered the advice, but I didn't want to start anything.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

The imagine that was in reference to Coonie commenting, not the idea of letting somebody use your target. Alot of us would if you were near and we had an open schedule. Contrary to popular assumption, most of us like meeting new people, and enjoy shooting with new people even more.

Yes out by old man's cave but they bulit it new 3/4 years ago and all the 3d stuff is gone and the broadhead targets too only thing left is ragedy field point targets witch is what I have lol and yea it works but I wanted something life like to shoot at for a couple days to boost confidence

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

Well thanks there buddy.

JB totally right, it was more of a jab at the coonmiester than anything.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
To be honest, when I read your post I was curious why you wanted a 3-D target to site in. So, the 40 views, I'd reckon at least 10 were me checking back in. I was also curious as to why you wouldn't just go to a range and spend the day shooting your bow rather than runnin down a 3-D target and loosing arrows trying to site in using it.

If I had a target and lived near you I'm sure I'd let you borrow it, but I don't either live near you or have a 3-D target and that's why I was just lookin. I'd a offered the advice, but I didn't want to start anything.

My bow is sighted in at 10/20/30 yards I can put my 3 arrows in a 2/3 circle all day just wanted some pratice at a life like object. Like go out range 10yrds take a shot. Step back to 20yrds take a shot then 30

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Hey thanks a bunch Coonie it was great to put a face with the name and letting me see a cool pics of history!!!

same here...nice to run into someone thats hunting an area i once hunted some in the 60s...brings back some great memories...that bow is really somethang...prolly the most interesting one in the bunch...cant wait to get out and do some scouting...:D

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
same here...nice to run into someone thats hunting an area i once hunted some in the 60s...brings back some great memories...that bow is really somethang...prolly the most interesting one in the bunch...cant wait to get out and do some scouting...:D
It was way ahead of It's time that's for sure!!! And ya better hurry season will be here before we all know it

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
If it were me, I'd sight in at 20/30/40.
I'm actually sighted in at 25/35/45.
Everything I shoot from 25 isn't so far off that if I held on (which I don't) it wouldn't be a fatal shot.
I'm comfortable out to 50+ so I like having a 45 pin to help gauge where to hold.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts