Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thread made me think to ask this. Before hunting this year I looked into get these broadheads but decided to go with xblade retracts (same thing I use for deer).

Does anybody hunt with Guillotine broadheads and has anybody shot them out of a crossbow?

There's a link to a video if you don't know what I'm talking about. Skip to 1:35 to see the shot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've thought about using them as well until I read some reviews online that stated they are a pain to assemble and to transport. That made sense to me because if 1 blade is bent very much the flight may be iffy.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've heard alot better reviews on the magnus brand. they are supposed to be more user friendly than the gobbler gillotines.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
No, never used them.I use the same two blade Rages I use for deer.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
I shoot gobbler guillotines for goose hunting. never killed a turkey with one but if you hit a goose right his head will pop right off! im confident they would easily decapitate a turkey!. as far assembly....if you cant build a house outta Legos dont bother buying these. they are a pain but still only take a minute to put together. they fly great with flu flu arrows
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I shoot gobbler guillotines for goose hunting. never killed a turkey with one but if you hit a goose right his head will pop right off! im confident they would easily decapitate a turkey!. as far assembly....if you cant build a house outta Legos dont bother buying these. they are a pain but still only take a minute to put together. they fly great with flu flu arrows
LGE-VM510 NetFront/3.5.1 (GUI) MMP/2.0
Can these be shot at a target? I'd want to shoot them a few times to make sure they are going to fly right but at almost $40 a pack I'm not going to shoot them at a target just to have them break.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts