Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My homemade tree stand bit the dust in the big storm a few weeks ago. My wife has been after me to get a ladder stand for safety. I have to admit she is probably right. So after years of hunting out of homemade stands I am ready to switch to a ladder stand.

After looking around the web, I am considering the Millenium L220

http://www.millenniumstands.com/products/ladders/l220-18ft-double-ladder

Does anyone have any experience with this ladder stand? or Millenium products in general?

I'm a big guy, so I am strictly looking at a 2-man model for extra room/comfort.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I know you said you're strictly looking at a double, but check out sportsmans guide, you'll save some money.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have their hang-on which is the same seat on the double very comfy and relaxing for all day. i have back problems and i can set with ease. sometimes i add a seat cushion, only because the seat height is a lil short for me. that double would be my choice, if i had it over to do again.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I purchased the 17' double from Sportsman's Guide and put it up recently. It's build solid. Not the most comfortable seat, but for the money, tough to beat.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I was looking at their 21 ft single. I bought one kinda like it on sale at dicks for less than Ida paid for that. I still haven't put it out (had it two years) I should probably put it out somewhere.
I'd also like to get a double for when I take the kids out; that or a ground blind.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just thinking have ya thought about a climbing stand? I too am a big boy and i use an API rated upto 350lbs. I nearly fill that bill and i am super comfortable plus safety harness unless the tree falls i am comfortable with the safety as well. I do use a couple ladder stands as well. They have the double rails rated for heavier weights, got two of those outta sportmans guide think they are called sky ladder somethin or another, and are like 20-22ft at seat like these too but climbing up down icy ladder can be a bit tricky in the groginess of the early am. Plus i am not smart enough to use the rope from top of stand to ground with prusset knot as safety rope. I only hook on once in the ladder directly too tree with safety belt and harness.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Don't know if you're referring to me, but I have a climber. I was looking for some ladder stands to leave up permanently on properties I have permission to hunt plus the two that I own. I've thought about lock-ons, but I like to be comfy. I have the API Grand-slam Magnum Supreme. It's probably 15 years old or so and still going strong. I've only had to replace the chains one time.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I know you said you're strictly looking at a double, but check out sportsmans guide, you'll save some money.

Exactly what I was gonna say. Become a member for $30 a year and you can select the flex pay option of 4 equal payments over 4 months. The saving as a club member and the flex pay are worth it

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I took the plunge and ordered the Millennium L220.....arrived yesterday. I'll let you know how things look after I get it put up this weekend. I have to have my boys help me before they leave for college......this thing is HEAVY! It is not something I want to be moving around too much....

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't be more pleased with the L220......

It will take time to get it put together, but it is time well spent. This stand is super sturdy and safe and comfortable.....the platform is huge! This was the first time I ever felt safe making the first climb to put the ratchet on....

I love the seat....my wife is worried I'll spend more time nappin' than hunting!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts