Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

Anti Hunters just love....

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Deehntr56 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Because trump and his family are high profile, PETA(People eating tasty animals) thinks they can create a circus out of this-:nono:

"If the young Trumps are looking for a thrill, perhaps they should consider skydiving, bungee jumping, or even following in their anti-hunting father's footsteps and taking down competing businesses-not wild animals," a spokeswoman for PETA tells the Daily News.
But the trump brothers-trumped back-

"We are both avid outdoorsmen and were brought up hunting and fishing with our Grandfather who taught us that nothing should ever be taken for granted or wasted," the brothers said in a joint statement to E! News.

"We have the utmost respect for nature and have always hunted in accordance with local laws and regulations. In addition, all meat was donated to local villagers who were incredibly grateful. We love traveling and being in the woods - at the end of the day, we are outdoorsmen at heart."

#5 ·
The animal rights groups base their "case" entirely on emotion and not rational thinking.

Kind of like the case in California recently with the fish and game director. During his hearing, two animal rights supporters showed up and essentially told the several hundred hunters present supporting him, that they were all "bloodthirsty neanderthals". The other then got up and related them all to baby molesters.

One of the best responses to an animal activist I heard was while in college. My professor did a great deal of bear research that he passed to the state to help determine hunting seasons. At a meeting, he recommended based on his research that X number of bears could be harvested. At that, a lady in the crowd jumped up and screamed, "have you no passion for the animals you work with"? Without missing a beat, he replied," I won't judge how passionate you are with animals, but I am married, and with a marriage like mine, there is no room for other creatures."

Amid the laughter, she stormed out of the room.

#8 ·
This basically boils down to relate to alot of other things in life. If you dont like something (ex. Hunting) then dont do it, but dont try to tell other people what they should or should not be doing. As long as no laws are being broken people need to learn to mind their own damn business :)

{Dave}

#9 ·
Here's a link to the Yahoo article showing the supposedly gruesome photo that caused such an uproar:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...brutal-hunting-photos-released-213958504.html

Maybe I'm just a biased hunter, but I don't see the big deal there. He's holding the elephant's tail...so what? If he had smeared blood all over his face and held the knife in his teeth, then I'd understand the controversey. He's just standing there holding the tail, what's the big deal? All of the other Trump safari photos I saw are the standard "hunter with the downed animal" photos, nothing different from anything you would ever expect.

#10 ·
#12 ·
#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
Here's a link to the Yahoo article showing the supposedly gruesome photo that caused such an uproar:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...brutal-hunting-photos-released-213958504.html

Maybe I'm just a biased hunter, but I don't see the big deal there. He's holding the elephant's tail...so what? If he had smeared blood all over his face and held the knife in his teeth, then I'd understand the controversey. He's just standing there holding the tail, what's the big deal? All of the other Trump safari photos I saw are the standard "hunter with the downed animal" photos, nothing different from anything you would ever expect.
And obviously the guy who wrote the story is a little biased.

"In one of the more controversial photos, Donald Jr. is seen grinning broadly while holding the severed tail of an elephant in his hands. He defended his actions on his Twitter account, saying that he was simply taking part in a local custom."

Did I miss the "broad grin" somewhere? He seems happy but I don't see a goofy grin anywhere.

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
And obviously the guy who wrote the story is a little biased.

"In one of the more controversial photos, Donald Jr. is seen grinning broadly while holding the severed tail of an elephant in his hands. He defended his actions on his Twitter account, saying that he was simply taking part in a local custom."

Did I miss the "broad grin" somewhere? He seems happy but I don't see a goofy grin anywhere.
It's simply their agenda. They enjoy the opportunity in playing with peoples emotions, and not understand the facts as well as not letting individuals enjoy what they like to do. They also need to keep their nose in their own business.

Sam also left this email address above-

If you are interested in expressing your opinion to Mr. Lemonis MLemonis@campingworld.com

Time to let him know our thoughts!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.