Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Screw them clowns - wouldn't walk across the road ta see any of them - put them all in a barrel with their coaches and roll them down hill an ya will always have a jerk on top - dang :whistle::mischeif:

·
5,040 Posts
Ohio State officials said that they would not comment on the case until all of the facts were known......I think I'll do likewise.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohio State officials said that they would not comment on the case until all of the facts were known......I think I'll do likewise.
i agree...sorta should be like that with the others involved at other colleges too...like i say let em be tried in court before we start berating them...like i see here all the time...especially one thats passed away...:D

too bad though that this happens to those with such talent...throwing it all away...these guys could be very productive citizens contributing to our great society...look at art shlichter...one of the top quarterbacks at ohio state...dang...instead of a productive citizen he was the opposite...very sad...:(...:D

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i've heard he got throwed off the team...could be just rumor,anybuddy confirm this...:mischeif:

·
Registered
679 Posts
i agree...sorta should be like that with the others involved at other colleges too...like i say let em be tried in court before we start berating them...like i see here all the time...especially one thats passed away...:D

too bad though that this happens to those with such talent...throwing it all away...these guys could be very productive citizens contributing to our great society...look at art shlichter...one of the top quarterbacks at ohio state...dang...instead of a productive citizen he was the opposite...very sad...:(...:D

Let's go with your first comment/paragraph, and let the truth shake-out first.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Cleveland Plain Dealer had an article this AM saying he was kicked off the team. I would like to know the facts, too. ;)

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
erb dont seem to mess around...if a guy wants to play sports...just follow the rules the coach has givin you and that will keep you out of trouble and on the team...i do know when i was in high school playing sports i kept out of trouble to be on the team...it meant somethang to me and was prolly the main reason i learned that respect of law...:biggrin:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
It's all about $$$$, just gotta be:mischeif::mischeif:

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
What I read in a nutshell: said his ex girlfriend showed up at his place, tried to reconcile, he wanted her to leave, she refused, he tried to force her out, she got a bruise, went and pressed charges.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What I read in a nutshell: said his ex girlfriend showed up at his place, tried to reconcile, he wanted her to leave, she refused, he tried to force her out, she got a bruise, went and pressed charges.
Thats about what I heard...:nono:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
My guess is he'll be reinstated aafter the charges are dropped. Buncha crap if you ask me. Same stuff that happened this past year to UM safety Josh Furman. An overzealous prosecutor refused to dismiss and Furman even refused to take a plea agreement. It went to the jury and after roughly 20 minutes they deliberated and found him not guilty

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heard he slammed her into a door from a couple news sources...I guess it depends on what amount of force was used ...:D

·
5,040 Posts
OLUMBUS —

Ohio State linebacker Storm Klein, kicked off the team when he was charged with domestic violence, has been reinstated by coach Urban Meyer after pleading guilty to a lesser charge earlier this week.

Klein, a senior who started 10 games last year, will not be allowed to play until at least the third game. The No. 18 Buckeyes open Sept. 1 against Miami (Ohio) and then play Central Florida. Their third game is against California at home Sept. 15.

Klein was involved in an altercation with the mother of their child in July. He was charged with hitting his former girlfriend during an argument at his apartment. He pleaded guilty Wednesday to a misdemeanor that his attorney said was the equivalent of “making excessive noise.”

Meyer had cited a violation of “core principles” of the program when he dismissed Klein from the team soon after he was initially charged. The coach said at the time he would re-evaluate the situation if circumstances changed.

In a statement issued Thursday night, Meyer said, “As I had indicated previously, if there are any changes in the charges against Storm, I would re-evaluate his status. The charges that would have violated our core values have been totally dismissed. I have spoken extensively to members of both families and that has prompted me to re-assess his situation and allow him back.”

After Klein entered his guilty plea, a Franklin County Municipal Court judge sentenced him to 18 months of probation and court costs. A protection order, preventing Klein from having contact with the mother of his child, was lifted.

Klein, who started 10 games a year ago at middle linebacker, has been working out on his own.

His name had also come up in published reports as one of the players allegedly involved in trading memorabilia for cash and tattoos that led to Ohio State receiving NCAA sanctions.

Klein, from Newark, Ohio, is a three-year letterman. He has played in 38 games. He was limited in practice this spring because of minor injuries and was listed as a backup at middle linebacker heading into fall camp

1 - 16 of 16 Posts