Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this in the news. Seems Pelosi and other Democrats want to get rid of the 1st amendment as it applies to groups. The proposed "peoples rights amendment" which does nothing but strip the "peoples rights".

They believe the 1st amendment should only apply to individuals.

This would apply to groups such as the NRA. If the democrats get their way, the government could control what groups like the NRA say. This would effectively silence any organized opposition to their agenda.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/o...war_on_constitution/srvc=home&position=recent

That is precisely what the so-called People's Rights Amendment would do. If this amendment were to be enacted, the cardinal rights protected by the First Amendment - free speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, freedom to petition the government for redress of grievances - would be redefined and reduced to the point of unrecognizability. The amendment would hold that the rights protected by the Constitution are enjoyed only by individuals acting individually; individuals acting in collaboration with others would be stripped of those rights.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I haven't seen any Republican bills trying to alter the constirution in order to silence the opposition.
You're either not looking very hard, believe the bills were/are great ideas because they had republican backing or maybe you're just blind.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You're either not looking very hard, believe the bills were/are great ideas because they had republican backing or maybe you're just blind.

What's the bill # then that Republicans introduced or supported that proposed amending the 1st amendment?

·
Banned
2,151 Posts
What's the bill # then that Republicans introduced or supported that proposed amending the 1st amendment?
Your thinking too small... Look at the big picture... They keep stealing your purchasing power and sending me/you to die for them in corporate wars... We haven't had a real president since JFK. And the financial elite had him killed because he tried to shut down the fraudulent federal reserve system...

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The patriot act comes to mind. But, that was a good one though. It's meant to fight them "terrorists".

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, you're really comparing the patriot act to this recent bill.

The whole purpose of the patriot act is to stop terrorist plots. Something it has done. If you're an average law abiding citizen, it will have zero effect on you.

Pelosi's current bill has no purpose, but to silence the average law abiding citizen if they are a member of a group with peaceful but opposing views.

The only fool I see is the one who sees no difference between the two.:coco:

·
Banned
2,151 Posts

The whole purpose of the patriot act is to stop terrorist plots. Something it has done. If you're an average law abiding citizen, it will have zero effect on you.

Pelosi's current bill has no purpose, but to silence the average law abiding citizen if they are a member of a group with peaceful but opposing views.

The only fool I see is the one who sees no difference between the two type of bills.:coco:
It effects me... They hacked into my email and now my phone is tapped :) There are no laws in America, only a legal system set up to protect the financial elite.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

The whole purpose of the patriot act is to stop terrorist plots. Something it has done. If your an average law abiding citizen, it will have zero effect on you.

The only fool I see is the one who sees no difference between the two type of bills.:coco:
You see nothing wrong with the patriot act as long as you're a law abiding citizen, man you are blind. Didn't figure you for the type-and I'm the fool?

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
It effects me... They hacked into my email and now my phone is tapped :) There are no laws in America, only a legal system set up to protect the financial elite.
You musta been on their list.
White male, 18-35 with a functioning thought process.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Better take the tinfoil off your head...:whistle:

All I know is I as well as most of my neighbors and co-workers that I talk to, were much better off 4 years financially, and liberty wise.

After seeing the newest round of garbage the Obama administration is trying to pass, we'll take our chance with someone other then Obama.

If anyone is thinking of not voting because they don't like either guy, I got 5 words for you if Obama is reelected:

"Supreme Court Justice Eric Holder".

·
Banned
2,151 Posts

All I know is I as well as most of my neighbors and co-workers that I talk to, were much better off 4 years financially, and liberty wise.

After seeing the newest round of garbage the Obama administration is trying to pass, we'll take our chance with someone other then Obama.

If anyone is thinking of not voting because they don't like either guy, I got 5 words for you if Obama is reelected:

No tinfoil here lol... Just an understanding of money, government, history, religion, and everything you have ever wanted to know... ;)

·
Registered
2,321 Posts

You better take off your blinders.

Four years ago? So short sided. You'll never see what's really going on and who's the manipulators if you don't stop looking in four or eight year terms. Think about lifetimes. Think about the freedoms our forefathers had before we rstablished s republic thats been hikacked.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You better take off your blinders.

Four years ago? So short sided. You'll never see what's really going on and who's the manipulators if you don't stop looking in four or eight year terms. Think about lifetimes. Think about the freedoms our forefathers had before we rstablished s republic thats been hikacked.

Not short sighted, but looking forward. If you want to dwell in the past, so be it.

Looking forward, there may not be much anyone can do to pull the country out of the hole it's in. But I know someone other then Obama will at least not keep digging us into the hole at the rate we are going now. If Obama is allowed to nominate 3 or 4 more Supreme court justices, It will affect us negatively for generations to come.

Maybe consider it supporting the lesser of two evils.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Not short sighted, but looking forward. If you want to dwell in the past, so be it.

Looking forward, there may not be much anyone can do to pull the country out of the hole it's in. But I know someone other then Obama will at least not keep digging us into the hole at the rate we are going now. If Obama is allowed to nominate 3 or 4 more Supreme court justices, It will affect us negatively for generations to come.

Maybe consider it supporting the lesser of two evils.
History repeats itself, if we let it.
If you believe Romney will do anything different than Obama, well I don't know what to say. Honestly, the only man who stands to make a difference is Ron Paul and he's the only man who will get my vote even if I have to write it in. To me, this election year is about FREEDOM (Ron Paul) or TYRANNY/HYPOCRISY (Obama/Romney). I'm surprised Obama and Romney don't run on the same ticket against Paul.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts