And the winners are!!!!

Discussion in '2017 Team Deer Hunting Contest' started by Bryan six, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Bryan six

Bryan six Staff Member Super Mod Mod

First off I want to thank everyone that participated in this year's contest!! Give yourselves a round of applause!! The top three teams were close all season and we have a last minute change in placing!! A team that was behind before December, caught up big!!

That team finished strong in third place!!

Team 2!! 1st to check in, 1st to tag out!!!
    They end with 66 points after dropping their lowest score of zero!!

Second place and only seven points behind when dropping their lowest score of ten is.......

Team 4, The Ohio Twisted Tines!!!! With 77 points after dropping lowest score of ten

And the champions of The 2017 Ohiosportsman.com deer hunting team contest are.......

The Champions, Team 13!!!!! With 84 points after dropping the lowest score of ten

Congrats to all the team 13 members and their 2017-2018 harvests!!!!

steveoh

[​IMG]

Brokenwind

[​IMG]

Dabuckmaster

[​IMG]

Chopiq

[​IMG]

Bywayofthearrow

[​IMG]

On another note, team 13 has two buck hunts entered in the Grand prize thread so stay tuned and we will crown a hunter of the year this weekend!!!

The rest of the field after dropping the lowest scores ended up as such.....

4th place was The Red Carpet Mafia with 64 points

5th place was team 12 with 50 points

6th place was team 9 with 46 points!!

7th place was team 11 with 41 points

8th place was team 7 with 38 points

9th place was team 3 with 36 points

10nth place was team 6 with 30 points

11nth place was team 10 with 28 points

12th place was team 14 with 27 points

13nth place was team team 8 with 23 points

14nth place was team 1 with 21 points

Thank you all once more and thank you deehntr56, who normally runs this contest, but could not this year!! The scarlet is still for you buddy!! Everyone stay tuned as we still will announce the Grand prize season for a hunter and a youth hunter this year!!

2. Nice job running the contest, thank you for your hard work!

Buck Buster, steveOh and Bryan six like this.

3. Bryan six

Your welcome buddy!!! Maybe I shouldn't have kept that lucky 13 for you guys lol!!! Congratulations it was fun following your guys' thread!! One of the biggest threads this year, kept in contact all season and that's cool!! Congratulations to all you lucky ducks!!!

Buck Buster likes this.
  4. Bryan six

And the same to the rest of the teams!!! Great season guys!! I had fun following you all!!

Buck Buster and small_buck like this.
  5. Congrats to the winners. And great job B6 you did very well running the contest.

Buck Buster likes this.
  6. Bryan six

Thanks it was more work than I thought lol!!

Buck Buster and ya13ya03 like this.
  7. Um I think you got those places wrong Bryan. I mean we are first to check in first to tag out? lol. Just joking.

Hey, I wanted to thank each and everyone one of you members here on this wonderful site. This site and the outdoors is a nice chunk of my life and I have to say there are some of the baddest MAMAJAMAS! (in a good way) hunters on this site and I'm happy to be a part of it! I have to say sharing my success and stories with everyone makes me very happy inside that I get to contribute to things like this and be a part of such brotherhood and sisterhood (cant leave out Bluedog-:) and CZ-BWAHAHAH :eek:::stirpot:::hide:) . Oh and 3rd place woot woot!!! :woohoo1:

Thank you Schue, Dhnt56, Bawana, B6, Nimrod, and whoever else that's a mod cause there is just way to many to keep track. lol.

Oh and B6 thanks for stepping up and doing this even if you did mix up who should have been first and third place I forgivesss you!! :cheeky-sm

Oh and team #4 and #13 u guys some bad mamajamas too!! :woohoo1::bowdown:

All the other teams awesome sauce job guys. Putting a deer on the ground makes us all winners regardless if team #4 and #13 baited deer in a high fence. LLOVE U GUYS!! LOL.

ya13ya03, Buck Buster and Bryan six like this.
  8. Bryan six

It was close for sure, less than twenty points separated third from first!!! Congrats and your welcome!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Buck Buster and ohihunter2014 like this.
  9. Lol "even though we baited deer in a high fence" don't give up our sercrets!!!!!

10. just don't tell no body we used helachopters!

Buck Buster likes this.
  11. Nice job runnin’ the contest Bryan!

Buck Buster likes this.
  12. Bryan six

Thanks bwota!!!! Congrats on the win!!!

13. Anytime you wanna pay alittle.. You too can come shoot deer out of my deer pens!! :). Awesome season with awesome people! My wife always asks how all of my virtual hunting buddies are.. Lol. See you all during Turkey Season!!

Bryan six likes this.
  14. Congratulations to everyone who participated! And good work Bryan making this happen this year!

Bryan six likes this.
  15. Thanks Bryan for putting this on.

Maybe they should double the value of the gift card prize for every year a team repeats.
    ;)

At least one could hope.

I personally feel we should go back to the old way of counting everybody scores. A team can win it even if one person contributes nothing, as we did last year, but a team that has everybody contribute and has the most points, could still lose it, as we almost saw this year. If all scores counted, it would encourage all team members to get out and hunt harder.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    ya13ya03 and Bryan six like this.
  16. Bryan six

Agreed!!!!

17. Yes but what if that team member is seeing an extremely low number of deer and they shoot one just to get contest points. Ex: normal guy passes fawns or buttons but shoots it just to get points. I do agree do it the way it was cause this year was kind of confusing.

Bryan six likes this.
  18. Bryan six

I was surprised at how many hunters who said they seen low numbers in the past years killed not one but two does!! Lol!! Goes to show ya that the only thing that will stop hunters shooting does is hunters with less tags in their pockets!! Oh well!! Thanks everyone for playing and see ya in the next contest!!! Good luck with the yotes and spring gobblers guys!!! Thanks again, B6!!

BillsCustomCalls and bankfish like this.
  19. If that comment was directed at my 2 doe the place my deer were shot has more than enough doe. Its nothing to see 10-15 per sit. soooo.... :cheeky-sm:rant:

Now if it was on the other side of the county i had more bucks on camera than doe so taking two doe would have probably hurt it. I ran about 4-5 cameras on 4 different farms the last 2yrs and one farm id get a bunch of doe and not a single buck and the other farm nothing but bucks on camera it just depends on your area and it was private land. Now does my public land spots suck? sure do and i would quit hunting before i even attempted to hunt there anymore and its due to over harvest, wounded deer from slob hunters, predators, etc.

My point being is brokenwinds comment about get out there and hunt harder. When i hunted public land i was out there from dark to dark 2-3 sometimes more days a week. I was hunting hard but i'm not shooting a deer that i could shove in my fanny pack and especially for a stupid contests bragging rights! I noticed the last few years when there was actually stuff given away on here we had a lot more people interested and i'm sure the guy who would normally let a deer with spots walk might just be tempted to get his team points or a hat from goshengrunter if it came down to the last few weeks. I would hope not but ya never know! Im out not going to do battle over the same b.s. that's argued every 10min on this site!