Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went out to our farm last night and right around 7:30 I heard 3 rifle shots fire off...drove over to the neighboring farm where i heard the shots and saw 2 deer on the back of a gator being hauled out...one was a buck with like 6 inch of velvet on each side and the other was a fat doe (probably full of babies)...this is the worst time of year...Crop Damage Season...I pray for the opening day of season to get here

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
well i'm not too crazy about these crop damage permits but i cant say whats justified or if its abuse...same can be said for low deer number claims...but it seems there must be some deer there now if theyre killing em...i just wish everyone was honest in this world but i've lost a lot of faith in that...most seem to be out for number 1...no matter what side of the fence your on..to be honest .i'm kind of glad i'm not in it at all...i guess this following statement might be appropriate..."all is not fair in love and war"...it gets to a point where you dont know who to believe anymore...:D

·
Registered
5,495 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but how do you have crop damage this time of year? Maybe beans coming up??? Seems odd. I thought the county wildlife officer had to come out and inspect and then issued the permits. And I thought if any bucks are taken they need to be turned in to the state. If my neighbor was out there doing that I'd be out there taking pictures and then do some checking later.

Sent from my SCH-I405

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The deer have about ate all my beans across the road. Haven't touched the corn, but if they hit the beans early they usually won't make.
I won't have to get damage permits (I'm in an urban area) but I do plan on actually harvesting my limit of deer this year on my own property. I'd like to shoot em now, but wouldn't feel right about doing it.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts