Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Opinions?

If the "click here" in the text below doesn't work, this is the link:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...order-national-defense-resources-preparedness

Subject: Fw: An Executive Order You Should Know About

Dear Friend,
With all that is going in Washington these days some things don't make the news the way they should. Fourteen days ago President Obama issued an Executive Order that you should know about. This order gives an unprecedented level of authority to the President and the federal government to take over all the fundamental parts of our economy - in the name of national security - in times of national emergency.
This means all of our water resources, construction services and materials (steel, concrete, etc.), our civil transportation system, food and health resources, our energy supplies including oil and natural gas - even farm equipment - can be taken over by the President and his cabinet secretaries. The Government can also draft U.S. citizens into the military and force U.S. citizens to fulfill "labor requirements" for the purposes of "national defense." There is not even any Congressional oversight, only briefings are required.
By issuing this as an Executive Order the President puts the federal government above the law, which, in a democracy, is never supposed to happen.​

As President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, he has the Constitutional authority to issue executive orders. And while similar orders have been made before by presidents from Eisenhower and Reagan to Clinton and George Bush - it has never been done to this extent.​

It is still unclear why this order was signed now, and what the consequences are for our nation - especially during times of peace. This type of Martial Law imposes a government takeover on U.S. citizens that is typically reserved for national emergencies, not in a time of relative peace.​

I want you to know I am following this very closely. If you would like to read the order for yourself please click here.​

Sincerely,

Kay Granger
Member of Congress​

Email Updates
Yes, please periodically send me e-mail updates.*

Click to subscribe
*By subscribing to my
e-newsletter, you are authorizing me to send regular e-mail updates from my office to your e-mail account .​

Connect on Facebook Connect on Twitter Connect on YouTube Connect with RSS Feeds

Washington DC Office
320 Cannon HOB
Washington, DC 20515
Phone: (202) 225-5071
Fax: (202) 225-5683 Ft. Worth Office
1701 River Run Rd. Suite 407
Ft. Worth, TX 76107
Phone: (817) 338-0909
Fax: (817) 335-5852​

·
Registered
379 Posts
When they take a little at a time its less noticable same exact way HITLER moved socilism in . They had complete control before anyone noticed. AMERICA better wake up.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
This was covered by Fox news when the ordered surfaced. Not sure what's being done about it. Good to see someone is tracking it.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors.

RGJZ06

·
Registered
14,763 Posts
Like most things being done in D.C. makes no sense why this EO would be issued at this time. Something more nefarious behind this?

·
Banned
624 Posts
Kay Granger and FOX both seem to be trying to make a political mountain out of a mole hill.

It's obvious that no one here, so far, has read the entire EO but me.

I see lots of words like "advice", "establish policy", "encourage", and "promote". Please show me where it FORCES anything...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
Thought there might be a bit more controversy.

"Please show me where it FORCES anything..."
It hasn't forced anything .....yet. But,
"As President and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces, he has the Constitutional authority to issue executive orders. And while similar orders have been made before by presidents from Eisenhower and Reagan to Clinton and George Bush - it has never been done to this extent."​

"It is still unclear why this order was signed now, and what the consequences are for our nation - especially during times of peace. This type of Martial Law imposes a government takeover on U.S. citizens that is typically reserved for national emergencies, not in a time of relative peace."

It is interesting the lack of response to this executive order. We seem to have a very trusting audience/membership out there. Thought there might be a bit more controversy. Just curious...​

·
Banned
624 Posts
You repeat what was in the original post without showing me where in the EO it actually says what you claim. I saw NO mention of any martial law but I did see a requirement to coordinate the public and private efforts to ensure national security.

Have you read it, yet?

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Kay is a piece of work and provides an excellent example of why you can't trust politicians or the media...

She says, an Executive Order has never been done before to this extent..., complete BS.

She criticizes the timing of the Order for being issued in a time of relative peace....

She ignores the reality that Reagan issued a similarly comprehensive Order in 1988.

Reagan's Order provided, among other things:

1. “the domestic distribution of seed, feed, fertilizer, and farm
equipment to agricultural producers” (Section 301(1))

2. “plans for the management, control, and allocation of all usable waters
from all sources within the jurisdiction of the United States” including all
potable water (Section 501(6))

3. The Secretary of Health & Human Services was instructed to prepare national plans to set priorities and allocate health, mental health, and medical services' resources among civilian and military claimants (Section 801(3)

4. “management and control of civil transportation resources and systems,
including privately owned automobiles, urban mass transit,
intermodal transportation systems, the National Railroad Passenger
Corporation and the St. Lawrence Seaway Development Corporation”
(Section 1401(2)(c))

5. coordinate “the management of all Federal, State, city, local, and other
highways, roads, streets, bridges, tunnels, and publicly owned
highway maintenance equipment to assure efficient and safe use of road
space during national security emergencies

6. The Secretary of Labor was instructed to develop plans and procedures for wage,salary, and benefit caps (Section 1201(2))

This isn't a criticism of Reagan, it's a criticism of Kay Granger and other simple partisan attacks. To be clear, Reagan's Order wasn't an antiquated relic. It was the law of the land until repealed by Obama's Order. Both of her primary assertions (unprecedented scope and curious timing) are false.

·
Banned
624 Posts
What does posting a 7 minute fear mongering ad for inflation.us have to do with anything?

You really need to quit watching so much speculative doom and gloom and take a long hard look at our real age of abundance...

http://discovermagazine.com/photos/09-infographics-our-wonderful-age-of-abundance

I was particularly taken by the fact that with today's smart phones, we now carry around a camera, GPS, music recorder/player, video recorder/player, internet client, video conferencing, voice recorder, and cordless phone with free long distance calling... all in the same form factor as the pack of cigarettes we used to carry.

Based on what those first devices cost and adjusted for inflation, we now casually carry around nearly $1M in technology. And we can get all of this FREE if we just sign a 2 year contract with some phone company!

I'm old enough to remember when computers were analog and took up whole buildings. Now I carry more computing power in my pocket than they took to the moon when we landed men.

In developing areas like Africa and Asia, they're skipping the old land lines entirely and jumping straight to smart phones. That means that we are on the brink of adding millions and millions of new voices and ideas to the task of solving the world's problems.

The worst thing we can do right now is give in to the dark side of fear and panic. We've got too much going for us to just roll over and die because some fear mongers want to sell us something. We didn't get here by rolling over and we've survived worse. The future looks even better.

·
Banned
2,151 Posts
The middle class is shrinking. The rich are getting richer. Because the financial elite control the money supply. They control who gets the money at the expense of the middle class man. Many are in for a very large surprise. There is going to be another orchestrated event in the Middle East; Iran/Syria. Just remember China and Russia have ties, trade routes, interests in Iran. The joke is on you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts