Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm am sorry I intruded on your Natural Cover and Forage Thread II and said negative thoughts. I had an issue with some of your pictures showing a slashing cut at a 45 degree angle for hinge cutting and was bitter from the the original Natural Cover and Forage Thread, which degenerated into a argumentative thread (so here is another thread that won't repeat that).

http://www.michigan-sportsman.com/fo...d.php?t=300793

That thread was a total put-down of the Michigan situation in regards to acreage and mature deer, no matter how much you would deny it. And hence the bitterness.

Unfortunately I had not been following your threads since then, but happened to pop in this thread and happened upon the pictures of slash cutting hinges and commented on it. Your cavalier response of "I get 100% success with my hinge cuts" was quite hard to believe, after claiming snap offs still result in regrowth.

Anyway, I think I was wrong to say anything negative and I only take issue with .01% of what you say(.0001). I actually went back and read some of the thread and it is fantastic. Really genuine great stuff.

Sorry.

I actually didn't pay careful attention to some of the pictures in the thread as your most recent pictures seem to show a more horizontal cut to hinge cuts-- which is a good thing.

Someone in that thread mentioned how many years they spent in a classroom. I spent a few more years learning science (22 actually, and after a while you get tired of being lectured to, hence the pushback). I take issue with the 45 degree slash cutting for hinge cutting. Sure it is fast and gives a false sense of confidence in downing a tree, but it makes no sense in the world of biology and physics. No disrespect.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm confused ??? Are you the dbltree from Iowawhitetail forums or somewhere else. I've spent many of hours on the Iowawhitetail forum reading some awesome threads on whitetail habitat. I think you or he might need some help on the management part though.

·
Registered
467 Posts
It has to be a clone screen name for Paul K (the real dbltree).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts