Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was catfishing late last night at the mouth of the Vermilion River and watching some spectacular strikes over the water. Been trying to capture lightning with my camera for a long time and finally succeeded in getting a decent pic.....enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
nice pic...was a fantastic light show here in columbus about 5:30 this morning ...heat lightning...:D

·
Registered
173 Posts
Nice pic We were out about 3 miles a couple of weeks ago pre storm the Antennas and grafite rods were buzzing like crazy your lucky I am at Vermilion often nice Place

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wowww thats a great pic. I cant tell you how long and how many pictures I've taken trying to get one half as good as that. What kind of camera were you using?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was using a Nikon Coolpix, and changed the setting to Fireworks show as opposed to the night portrait mode. The Fireworks mode takes a picture and holds it until it detects light flashing, then snaps the 2 best pictures with the most light. I was trying to take pictures of fireworks on the 4th of July when I thought of doing that, but just been waiting for some lightning, lol.

·
Administrator
5,398 Posts
That is a great shot.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Great picture, and thanks for the Coolpix advice. I have one too and never knew about that setting. I'll have to try it out sometime.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts