Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty excited and ready for September!! Headin to our property tomorrow to setup feeders,cams scout and hang stands!! As if waitin all year isnt bad enough right?Anyone else pumped to get in the deer woods?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Good luck this year. I think about hunting deer everyday. Even if I don't shoot my bow outside, I pull it back and hold it like I'm taking a shot. It's a work out I try to do everyday. I only get to visit Ohio once a year so I have to be ready and not waste any opening for a shot. To say I'm excited about getting into the deer woods would be a gross understatement.:)

RGJZ06

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I put my feeder out mid/early July I planted my food plot last weekend and I'm seeing deer every day. I've been shooting my bow every day also and thanks to coonskinner Ive been practiceing on a 3d deer very nice to shoot at what ill be hunting for even took a couple shots from my roof

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have been seeing deer everywhere. If I don't get to sit in a tree soon, I am going to explode! The season can't start soon enough.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I checked my cam today and have a 3 yr old that's a 8 and a nice 9. And I also stoped at tsc an bought a treestand blind for my ladder stand the burlap blind I put around it last year sucks after just 2/3 months u could easily see thru it. So ill put the new one on next week or so. But its driving me nuts I can't wait to even take a doe!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
hunting info

hey guys. i live in va and will be hunting ohio for the first time this year. i have a piece of land i will be hunting just outside of kimbolton in guernsey. i will be up there next weekend to scout but i was just wondering when the acorns start to fall up there? if they haven't started already? and how is the hunting in that area? what kinda bucks should i expect to see? the property is on keats rd if anyone is familiar with that area. any info/tips would be greatly appreciated!

good luck everyone!!!

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
seen some very big bucks in licking county...from i 70 right next to the high fence operation...suckers were monsters,,,somebuddy grew em...:biggrin:

·
Registered
93 Posts
ive got the itch also all my food plots are in and most of my stands are up 4 more to put up this week and im done. ready to sling some arrows

1 - 12 of 12 Posts