Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend just informed me he was at the Alliance walmart and the associate told him the reason there was no handgun ammo on the shelf is because they are no longer carrying it.

anyone noticed this anywhere else? I just bought some at the Massillon Walmart.

perhaps phone calls to the store manager would help clear up this issue if enough people are upset by this as I am.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I've seen some walmarts selling AR's
probably just depends on where it's located. I've heard the walmarts inside Cincinnati don't even sell guns? Don't know, never been to one inside city limits.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
We are a bit rural in Cambridge. Our Walmart is well stocked with handgun ammo, some rifle ammo, shotshells, clay birds, hunting stands, hunting clothing, knives and the ARs, etc.

The one in St. Clairsville is a tad better.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are a bit rural in Cambridge. Our Walmart is well stocked with handgun ammo, some rifle ammo, shotshells, clay birds, hunting stands, hunting clothing, knives and the ARs, etc.

The one in St. Clairsville is a tad better.
been there many times when staying at Salt Fork. Alliance used to carry all the same stuff so it dumbfounds me why they would not carry Handgun Ammo when it is a hot seller.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Been in two walmarts this week that do not sell guns. both had wide selection of ammo.

Walmart drastically reduced the number of locations with guns but I have read an occasional report, they are going back to selling guns in some locations.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I will never go to the alliance one again. I once tried to buy a rifle from there back when they sold guns. We started the process at 8pm and just finished around 10 and the called the manager over to "walk" me out with the gun. He then tells me sorry it's state law I can't give you this gun since the FBI office is closed. 1. That was just store policy and 2. The office you call into for the back round check never is closed. I ended up telling them give my money back and left.

The store in canton on west tusk Carries a very limited stock of ammo as does the one on the strip.

·
Registered
48,626 Posts
I've seen some walmarts selling AR's
probably just depends on where it's located. I've heard the walmarts inside Cincinnati don't even sell guns? Don't know, never been to one inside city limits.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
they dont sell guns in columbus proper...but lancaster has em and miejers too...so does mt.vernon...its a big city thang...a permit issue or waiting period,a cool off period...vances has the market cornered in columbus...:biggrin:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts