close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alabama Transplant

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by AuburnTigerOH, Sep 20, 2012.

1. My son (15 yr old) and I have been here for 3 years now. Moved up from Alabama. He has been asking why we don't hunt as much as we did in Alabama. I just found this forum and plan on using it to learn the local wildlife habitat and tendencies. Everything is different here than it was in Alabama.

Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated. If the kid wants to hunt and enjoy the outdoors, then I need to do what I can to make it happen.

Thanks

2. Nimrod

Nimrod Staff Member Super Mod Mod

Welcome!

I'm sure just about every question you have has been asked here at one point. Users here love to help out!

3. Welcome! I saw in another thread you said you live in delaware. You are fortunate in the fact that there is a lot of public ground just north of town that holds a good amount of deer.

4. Thanks for the info. Have hunted there a little last year and I have scouted the area out for deer this year. We will see how it goes.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Hello Auburn,

I just want to say hi, I'm Mark from UK and I'm happy to meet you..

Regards,
    Mark

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2015
  6. Welcome to Ohio. As a kid I used to spend my summer vacations in opelika Alabama so seeing auburn on here brings back memories. Like said you have a really good public spot in Delaware state park to hunt. I know a few guys who hunt there over the private land they have available because of the big bucks they see.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

7. I also grew up in Alabama, biggest differences I see are the deer are bigger, racks have relatively more mass, the rut is more intense, but there ain't as many deer. Overall I love ohio just took some getting used too, been hunting here for 8 yrs now

-Rutt'in Hard-