Ohio Sportsman - Your Ohio Hunting and Fishing Resource banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think they do a good job of silencing the string.. I just was hoping to get a second opinion.. I don't think I paid that much for them at the exbo..

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't believe no one has any imput in it..

For all the trad. guys on here I thought someone might have seen these..

There really isn't any sound on the string..

I shoot my recurve a little this year and totaly forgot that I bought them. I shoot a bit them put them on. They really work.

They are made in Ohio. I only meet the guys at the exbo and have nothing to do with them. I just think that they work and they are a great product. A hell of a better silencer than Beaver balls thats for sure..

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
I can't believe no one has any imput in it..

For all the trad. guys on here I thought someone might have seen these..

There really isn't any sound on the string..

I shoot my recurve a little this year and totaly forgot that I bought them. I shoot a bit them put them on. They really work.

They are made in Ohio. I only meet the guys at the exbo and have nothing to do with them. I just think that they work and they are a great product. A hell of a better silencer than Beaver balls thats for sure..
I have them on my TradTech recurve - they are just another string silencer - they are fine but no better then most other forms of string silencers - tuning the bow goes a long way to silence string noise - nothing really new here - the product shown that glues onto the bow is just another form of a brush button - anything ya put on the string will dampen the noise some better then others maybe - depends on where ya put them - dang - all slow down the arrow flight - just say'n :whistle::mischeif:

·
Registered
5,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Geezer II I am somewhat new to trad. (took a long break)
Even if they are on the limb they slow it down? I do have the beaver balls on my bow and I am aware of them slowing the string down. I just thought it was nice that it took the twing out of the string..

Brush button? New seen one of those..

This what I was looking for. Thank's

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Thanks Geezer II I am somewhat new to trad. (took a long break)
Even if they are on the limb they slow it down? I do have the beaver balls on my bow and I am aware of them slowing the string down. I just thought it was nice that it took the twing out of the string..

Brush button? New seen one of those..

This what I was looking for. Thank's
Brush buttons old school check 3 Rivers catalog

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=4253X

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I use the brush buttons too, but more so to keep stuff from catching up in my bow. They work for silencing too, but if your set up is tuned, it shouldn't need much noise dampening.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Coonskinner is big on Limbsavers :rolleyes: - dang :whistle::mischeif:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts